Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 12:51 PM

Rheumotologist appointment

I have my referral date through to see a Rheumotologist on Wednesday, getting a tad nervous....just wondering what he will do.

Earlier this year I had Chilblains on my hand which became infected and I could hardly use my hand.......took an age to improve......then I started having a problem with the same hand turning white & numb/tingly - Doc said Raynauds
But I have felt so tired too & my hand now turns blue if the slightest bit cold, for instance I have to wear a fleece if I go shopping as when I go to the chiller area or Freezer of a Supermarket(or at home) my hand & my forearm turns blue, it looks horrible.

But for the past week my legs are aching continually - I hope that something can be sorted..........
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 01:20 PM
I have Raynaud's, was diagnosed last November. I have only seen my GP so far and at the moment am not suffering too badly so hopefully the things I am doing now will help - change in diet, change of Pill, learning to de-stress etc.

I wish you all the best with your appointment, and will be interested to hear how it goes - if you don't mind.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
I have Raynaud's, was diagnosed last November. I have only seen my GP so far and at the moment am not suffering too badly so hopefully the things I am doing now will help - change in diet, change of Pill, learning to de-stress etc.

I wish you all the best with your appointment, and will be interested to hear how it goes - if you don't mind.
Had appointment changed so so going on 3rd Oct
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 06:51 AM
I have Reynauld (among other things ) I've had it now for about 25 years, please be carefull, if you let your fingers go white and numb it is undescribably painfull when they start to warm up, well for me it is, then they are tender for the rest of the day, for me it's now just a part of life, but you will get used to wearing thermals, jumpers and gloves when everyone else is still in their summer frocks you get used to it, but again it's a case of prevention is better than the cure, I don't know if the tiredness is conected but I feel tired most of the time as well, good luck on Wednesday, let us know how you get on
Christine
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Sorry to hear of your problems I dont know what to say as I have never come across this before, so just want to say hope after your appointment they will be able to help you. What a pain having to wait until october though.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Sorry to hear of your problems I dont know what to say as I have never come across this before, so just want to say hope after your appointment they will be able to help you. What a pain having to wait until october though.
Thanks, although I have to wait, it works out better for me as my OH is off then so can come with me.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
I have Reynauld (among other things ) I've had it now for about 25 years, please be carefull, if you let your fingers go white and numb it is undescribably painfull when they start to warm up, well for me it is, then they are tender for the rest of the day, for me it's now just a part of life, but you will get used to wearing thermals, jumpers and gloves when everyone else is still in their summer frocks you get used to it, but again it's a case of prevention is better than the cure, I don't know if the tiredness is conected but I feel tired most of the time as well, good luck on Wednesday, let us know how you get on
Christine
25yrs, omg...yes I know that pain when warming up, agony isn't it
Just a bit fed up with people saying why are you wearing that you must be hot!
Don't know what the Rheumatologist is going to suggest, not a tablet taker.
Will let you know
Thanks
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I hope all goes well for your appointment x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 05:29 AM
How annoying to have your appointment changed.....

Never mind Sheena, looks like it'll work out better for you with oh accompanying you.

Hope it all goes well and you get some answers honey xoxox
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Well the date has finally come around again 2.45 pm - not sure what to expect??
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >