Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 02:16 PM

The Wheelie Bin

Well, ours is perfectly fine. The bin men come and go. We end up with a bin with the neighbour house number on it, a bin that is shattered in part. Our bin, at this point is neatly tucked away in neighbours garden. What do you do? I am not arguing over a bin, however, we did point out that the bin we had been left with had her house number painted on it! Response from neighbour, 'but that bin is damaged' !!!!!! Anyhow, we got our bin back.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 02:17 PM
How petty to swap bins! Or at least, if it was the binmen's fault, not swap them back. Our bin has a hole in it thanks to the local rats having a bit of a gnaw on it but if it became an issue I'd be phoning the council to ask for a replacement, not nicking my neighbour's!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 02:22 PM
This used to happen to me as I used to get my wheelie bin cleaned & my neighbour didnt...shed cart mine off then go to work, Id wait til she was out then swap them back.
You would think she'd have stopped it after the 1st attempt, but it went on for around 6 months...i dunno who is more sad, her for pinching it or me for goin & swapping it back
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-07-2011, 02:23 PM
I would have just snatched it back straight away! What a cheeky git.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2011, 02:29 PM
I had this a few weeks ago. We have four bins, one each for garden waste; paper and cardboard; general waste and one for glass and plastics.

I put our paper one out with our number wrote on it in black marker and when I came home from work, couldn't find it. It turns out that the lazy cow down the road who couldn't be bothered putting her full one out in the morning, thought she could just take someone else's and fill that one up as well. OH went and knocked on a few doors, looking for it until she came out and gave it him back, whilst laughing that she had seen me walking up and down the street looking for ours.

So after that, I bought four sets of sticky numbers, about 6" high and it seems to have stopped her taking any bins that are not hers.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Some people have more front than Eastbourne.....
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 02:46 PM
We are lucky here all our bins have our numbers on (courtesy of friendly neighbour) I do not think anyone would pinch mine.................... not with the amount of dog pooh everyone knows is in it!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Someone pinched our blue (paper/plastic) bin last year. We had to get it replaced. I now have plastic numbers & garish (awful looking) big animal stickers on them plus name/addy written with permanent ink. So far so good - touch wood!
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 05:58 PM
walk in and swap them over, if you can not do that ring the council.
ATD x
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Someone pinched our blue (paper/plastic) bin last year. We had to get it replaced. I now have plastic numbers & garish (awful looking) big animal stickers on them plus name/addy written with permanent ink. So far so good - touch wood!
About 10 years ago before we were given wheelie bins the council gave us a green plastic tub to put recyclable stuff like newspapers etc in.I stuck mine out one friday morning the usual day of collection then went dog walking and i never saw the tub ever again!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >