Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 06:46 AM

How Sad

When I signed on this morning there were 44 new posts, 13 of them for or about rescue and it was the same yesterday. Is it just the time of year or is this the norm.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 06:47 AM
It's miserable Jackie, but I sincerely hope it's just a seasonal thing
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 08:07 AM
It's this time of year mainly.

There are still poundie lists all year round, but at the moment there are no spaces for them to go to safety
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 09:59 AM
It is heartbreaking

I know it is a trend to see more unwanted dogs in kennels at this time of year and I guess more still to come in about Feb/March when the excitement of a new dog/puppy bought for Christmas wears off.

Why don't people listen? NO animal should be bought for Christmas, I hate seeing adverts for litters saying ready now will hold for Christmas grrrr. It makes me so mad It encourages people to be irresponsible and impulse buy, then regret it later and it is only the dog who suffers.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 03:12 PM
yes it make me so cross year on year we see all the same shots of unwanted rejected and frightened looking pups and dogs and every year we hear the pleas from animal groups but nothing changes
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 04:57 PM
hi jackie thats really sad were lookin for a new pup but even im wary of people selling them this time of year pups are like kids they grow and are not good presants
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 06:12 PM
IMO a home at Christmas is no place for a new puppy, just imagine how confusing and frightening it must be to say nothing of the dangers because people are excited and doing thing they would not normally do. Do not think I would sell to a member of the GP at Christmas if I were a breeder.