09-11-2006, 11:38 AM

Trained pups?

What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.trainedpups.com/index.html
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 11:45 AM
ok but i gotta start by saying i have seen them pups border collies for sale + the story aint the same
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Sorry Lizdll - what do you mean?
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2006, 11:48 AM
All well and good but if someone hasn't the time or experience to train a dog.... where they gonna find that time and experience to look after it???
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 11:49 AM
I dont like the idea of encouraging easy dog ownership - it should be a partnership not about warranties and refund and replace - on the other hand encouraging training fromt he very begininng is brill, not sure about this one
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Sorry Lizdll - what do you mean?
the pups you see him training have been on sale for ages on some web sites but it wasnt mentioned about him however on the recent ads he is mentioned
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 11:51 AM
I have very mixed feelings. Steve obviously loves his dogs and is training them to a high standard . On the flip side ,although the house training etc can be long-winded it is such a big part of the relationship you have with your pup. All those puppy moments to be shared and treasured would be missed.There are many people however who adopt dogs and still have amazing relationships despite not sharing those early times.

I think at the end of the day it boils down to personal preference. The dogs seem happy, loved and cared for and that I suppose is the most important factor.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2006, 11:53 AM
aren't they a little young to be 'fully trained' at 4 months?
Also doing agility at that age - thought it was a massive NO
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Won't this just make it easier for people who can't be bothered to put in the training to buy puppies with even less thought.I would imagine they will still need ongoing training as dogs need guidance all through their lives and them and us are always learning thats what makes the bond.It is just making things to easy for people who haven't the time to do it themselves.
Its quite sad imo.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by mutthouse View Post
I dont like the idea of encouraging easy dog ownership - it should be a partnership not about warranties and refund and replace - on the other hand encouraging training fromt he very begininng is brill, not sure about this one
I have to agree not sure I like the easy dog ownership idea at all either.

I kind of have mixed feelings - if someone does get a pup with some training then they may not have such a shock with a non trained one thus not ending up in rescue - but then if you aren't prepared to put in that time then should you get a dog at all?? I dunno all I can say is it is not for me though!

Part of having a dog is taking time to get to know them and bond with them through thick and thin as it were!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >