Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2016, 07:06 AM

Daily Thread Thursday 22nd December

Good morning everyone

Up early to get out and do the final bits of food shopping so hope I don't clash with anyone

Haven't yet read through yesterdays thread but hope all are well both four and two legged and really hope that Deans is a lot better today Griff.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2016, 07:43 AM
Griff, glad to read that Deags was sleeping and resting, which means hopefully you to can get some sleep.

Kazz glad you got your lights working not so for poor June, hope you manage to sort them out June.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God Bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2016, 08:42 AM
Morning Sue and Moyra and all to follow.

Hope the shopping trip goes well Sue and you miss the trying members of the public.
griff hope Deags is comfortable today and starts to improve.
LG hope Gypsy's toe is not causing her to much discomfort.
Kazz glad you sorted your lights and June any luck with yours ?

Housework today. Gammon in the slow cooker looking after itself.
Mark back this evening with joel and Michael turning up tomorrow evening I think. Will have to check with him as that may change to Saturday.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2016, 10:00 AM
Frost overnight and car is iced up. Sun is out and a cold day, although there is thick cloud as well. Girls can go out on the river and I'll take Cariad and Kesh for a walk, don't expect to be able to let them have a run though, wish they'd clear that debris but obviously not going to anytime soon. May take piccies today and email them off just to keep at them
Lynn you sound very organised indeed No luck with my lights and I'm too embarrassed to go back again, because the problem is likely to be my end
Koifies mummy coming over later and we'll exchange presents, its a flying visit but we're having lunch between Christmas and New Year, well that's the Plan.
Griff, thinking of Deags and fingers crossed she had a restful night and so did you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Morning June frosty here too.
Believe me I do not feel organised feel i am running about like a headless chicken.
Also wondering why I let myself in for so much work. Michael and Margaret coming over christmas day afternoon. Felt sorry for her her son let her down big time. then thinking she will be doing her usual thing of taking things easy and I am rushed off my feet.
Feeling particularly peeved today at all the things that arrive at my door for me to sort.
Never mind soon be over. May go away next year

I am sure the problem with the lights isn't your end.
Enjoy the exchanging of presents.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2016, 10:42 AM
good luck with the shopping Sue
Lynn, we were going to do gammon in the slow cooker but mum is going back to the hob Lol
TW, enjoy the present exchanging
Morning Moyra
well sadly my peace was short lived....Deagan threw up all in her bed again so i had to get up, get dressed and get down the stairs to let her out, went back to bed and got her mucky bedding off but she wasn't happy so i ended up putting her in my bed, i have had 2 hours sleep!!! i swear my blood has been replaced by coffee Lol. She is back in the vets on a drip again now and she puked on their floor too as well as my carpet just before i left Lol. They have said she may need to go back tomorrow to go on a drip again, i really don't want to be there tomorrow as i had diesel PTS there 3 years ago tomorrow....i really struggle with losing her, especially in such an awful way
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Aw Griff I do understand, I lost Tawney on 23 January 11 years ago and every Christmas I think of her, losing yours Christmas week is even harder to bear I know. Really sorry to hear it didn't stay peaceful and sleep was interrupted. You must be worried out of your mind
Lynn I know you must be in headless chicken mode, but you are looking good on the outside. After mum went I swore I never ever would cook Christmas dinner again, the stress of it was horrendous and I'd been doing it 40 years, can quite understand you thinking of going away and if I were you I would do it. Start planning your Escape this year. If son wasn't insistent he cooked and I went there then I would have egg and chips!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Awwww griff big hugs to you and Deags.

Now the macerator piping outside has come apart. Gorden thinks it needs replacing but it will be a bodge job over christmas.
I just lost it big time and said this is my 4th christmas here nothing decorated like it should of been due to every other problem getting in the way and said I do not intend to do a 5th one here.
Not particularly bothered where every one else will be but me I will be as far away as possible.
Got a year to sort it out.
Ooooh I hate this house.

It's not the dinner so much June it's all the prep beforehand. Beds sorting housework doing the shopping etc., That's the trouble living a distance away from family. Plus I know I'm not old old but I am older every year now and every year it gets harder. Especially when you do not want to be living in the place you are.

Right that's it now my rant for the day.

Dillon's harness turned up today nice reflective green. It's the Julius K9 harness and he has a nice black and green rope training lead and waiting for his new long line to arrive also green.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2016, 12:59 PM
I do understand Lynn, I have enough to cope with as it is, and the thought of a zillion people descending on me,all of whom I have to be nice to and do for, I'd go and dig a hole and pull it round me. I occasionally have one of my doggy friends to stay, with me not having a useable spare room they are on the couch, it is comfy though. That is enough for me, 2 or 3 days and I am ready for them to make tracks.
Why not look at booking a cottage for next Christmas, somewhere out of the way, and you can maybe book dinner out, so no cooking.
Girls been on the river, shook themselves off on the way home and in the garden, then walked into the kitchen and shook themselves again ah well. I'm having a shower, sit down, butty and brew before I get the cloth,mop and bucket and elbow grease out. Lona has swum loads today, she wasn't that bothered the other day, but today was quite into it. Mabs was chasing Zen round and round up and down the bank, but she didn't really join in, a bit half heartedly at first, then went off to do her own thing which was digging the communal hole to China. Cariad and Keshi had a walk up to the field and back, didn't see anyone, but not worth risking letting them off for a game of ball, because the whole world would have been there in the blink of an eye and World War III would have erupted over ownership of the ball
Need to get a move on, my house needs to look a little less 'lived in' for later on
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Afternoon all. Griff I do hope deags gets better soon problem is her symptoms sound just like our Trudy and sadly we lost her. Are the vets sure it is pancreatitis? Never easy at this time of year or anytime come to that. Have lost some around this time of year so thinking positive thoughts for you. Take care.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »