Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2016, 06:52 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday 7th August

Good Morning everyone, Very overcast here not sure if we are due for rain or not. Must get Amber out in case it does.

Amber too has been moulting like mad. Cannot keep up with it all.

Hope everyone is in fine fettle today. June hope you get a quiet lay in this morning.

Have a good day everyone and take care, stay warm and dry and above safe and well. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Hello Moyra, where is everyone today, having a long and well deserved lie in I reckon.
Very overcast today with what I can only described as "wet wind" a very damp atmosphere.
My son and his wife coming to lunch today, roast pork etc!
Hope everyone is well xx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Northern breeds are notorious for blowing their coats usually more than once a year, but of course all dogs moult in hot weather and that is almost as much of a nightmare! The finer hairs of short coated dogs get up your nose and can cause intense irritation even to those who are not allergic to dogs.

We love them so we put up with all this ****!!

It's sunny out here in Northamptonshire but there is a wind blowing - it doesn't look that warm! Mike is going for a bike ride with Ben today whilst I stay at the pub drinking wine - don't think my hip is quite up to a bike ride yet - it's a shame, but someone has to do it to keep these pubs in business!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Yep its amazing what comes off a little rat like Peps!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Morning all
Another lovely day here in the costa del cov Lol. I am off to my friends baby shower tody...she is having twins! never been to one before so not entirely sure what it entails...there is a bar so i will be fine Lol, she is a lovely girl anyway...really really lovely
Hope you all have a terrific day and make the most of the nice weather...no doubt it will chuck it down next week and we will all be whinging Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Very hot last night, windows open, fan on. Woke up to a gale and freezing cold. Shut windows, switched fan off and went back to bed to get warm and woke up later than usual, it is a Sunday though. No devastation this morning, when will the Demolition Diva strike again, maybe that was her encore, I doubt it though
Nippy, lunch sounds lovely. Would you put a plate out for me please. Hoping all this shedding of coats means we are in for a warm dry winter.
Girls will go out later, going to have a lazy morning, they've had breakfast and sleeping it off, everywhere clean, how long it will stay that way is anyone's guess. At least the bluddy dog next door is quiet for a change
Nikki, make sure you are in a comfy seat, no falling off the bar stool with that new hip
Can't believe how fast its gone Griff, doesn't seem that long since she found out and now they are nearly born. Have a lovely time
Are you feeling any better now Moyra, hoping the op was a success for you
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Morning all
Hope the weather improves Moyra high winds here storm brewing not a chink of blue sky its a batten down the hatches
Can you please set another place at lunch Nippy roast pork yummmmm
Gnasher isn't it amazing just how much hair comes off imaginary dogs lol enjoy the wine
Griff enjoy the baby shower twins wow double the trouble does that mean that twice you'll need to wet the babies heads when the time comes lol
Brenda LynnTw Losos Mandy hope your all doing ok
Being invaded some time today daughter & g/son
Bit of excitement in the street early evening yesterday an ICECREAM VAN WOOPWOOP think the whole street was out enmass
Haven't had a 99for years yumeeee
Right better make a move
Hope all poorly 2&4 legged get better soon
Take care stay safe what ever your all up to ,
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Morning everyone,

As always it's hot here but but extremely windy.

I'm trying to summon up the strength to take the dogs for a walk because HRH has woken me up at 4 am for the past three mornings so I'm feeling rather fragile from the lack of sleep. Not her fault really as the poor girl is battling with a UTI which although she's improving hasn't yet cleared up.

The water finally came back on at 4 pm last Friday which just gave me time to do the pile of washing up that had accumulated during the day and give the bathroom and toilet a good clean before preparing dinner for us all. Today I'm doing the washing I planned to do on Friday.

Yesterday was very cross making as having driven for an hour and a half through heavy traffic to take the dogs to classes found neither sight nor sound of our trainer, so after waiting 15 minutes drove back home again. Turns out she was training a dog just down the road from where she lives and returned home a couple of minutes after we'd left!

And Gnasher I like Chanel No 5 and also Coco although my favourites are Nina Ricci's "L'Air du Temps" and "Organza" by Givenchy. Can't remember when I last bought myself perfume, as all the perfume I have has been birthday or Christmas presents from my French family or friends

Nippy really fancy roast pork for lunch .. can I have a good helping of crackling please? Think I'll be cooking a joint of ham for dinner tonight with peas and beans from the garden and new potatoes!

Enjoy your day all you peeps and the 4 leggeds as well!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2016, 10:38 AM
'L'Air du Temps' is also my favourite , I find it less heavy than Chanel 5.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Very hot last night, windows open, fan on. Woke up to a gale and freezing cold. Shut windows, switched fan off and went back to bed to get warm and woke up later than usual, it is a Sunday though. No devastation this morning, when will the Demolition Diva strike again, maybe that was her encore, I doubt it though
Nippy, lunch sounds lovely. Would you put a plate out for me please. Hoping all this shedding of coats means we are in for a warm dry winter.
Girls will go out later, going to have a lazy morning, they've had breakfast and sleeping it off, everywhere clean, how long it will stay that way is anyone's guess. At least the bluddy dog next door is quiet for a change
Nikki, make sure you are in a comfy seat, no falling off the bar stool with that new hip
Can't believe how fast its gone Griff, doesn't seem that long since she found out and now they are nearly born. Have a lovely time
Are you feeling any better now Moyra, hoping the op was a success for you
you know me too well!

So glad Zen is being a good girl - I personally think that the 2 old girls will keep her in check, I hope I am not proved wrong for the sake of your purse!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >