Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 12:57 PM
I've been to Spain, Tossa de Mar loved it, bit traditional there
Tenerife, Celle in Germany, but I want to go to so many different countries. Love travelling just can't afford it.
In this country - Devon, Cornwall , Somerset. I love it down there.
Skegness I like it there even if people call it sometimes.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
I've been to Spain, Tossa de Mar loved it, bit traditional there
Tenerife, Celle in Germany, but I want to go to so many different countries. Love travelling just can't afford it.
In this country - Devon, Cornwall , Somerset. I love it down there.
Skegness I like it there even if people call it sometimes.
Used to camp each summer when I was teaching.. all through Europe, France, Italy, Austria, Lichtenstein, Switzerland, Germany, then another year Scandinavia. And in the UK too.. Would love to see even more of Ireland but tied to day trips with the critters. You have not seen how wee dog acts in a car!
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 02:08 PM
Many years ago, before we got our dogs, we went to Ireland twice (2006 and 2007). The first year we traveled from Shannon up to Donegal, hit a little bit in the middle of the country as my husband's family is from there, and then back to Shannon. The second year we spent some time with his distant relatives in Leitrim, then rented a cottage in Co. Clare for a week and did day trips around the area. And at night we played music at the pubs, which was awesome.

Since getting dogs we mostly camp in places local to central NY state. We've been to places in Vermont and NY, mostly. We've also gone three years to a place called Glen Highland Farm (which is also the rescue we got Ben from). They have a camp where you can come, stay in cabins or tents and bring your dogs. Total off leash time (which is rare in the States) and just so much fun. Dahlia has loved it. We hope to go back next year with both dogs.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I've been to Sicily, a very long time ago now, my 35 year old was two at the time. My word it was hot. Did you do the funicular at Taormina?
We spent Easter in Taormina many years ago and it snowed! I've given up travelling unless its by car and I can take the dogs with me which was one of the reasons I decided to retire to Hungary. A half hour walk across the fields at the back of my house and I can be in Slovakia. An hours drive in the car I can be in the Ukraine and its only takes two hours to get to Cracow Poland. Perfect for me and so many places to explore!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Wales, Cornwall , Lake District , Portugal , Spain, Dubai , America , Malta, Cyprus ,Egypt , Italy ,France.

These days it's usually Portugal .
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2015, 04:31 PM
Majorca many years ago, Devon, Cornwall, Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire and Lincolnshire Wolds Norfolk and Suffolk when the boys small. Now we live in Norfolk. We holiday where the dogs can come too.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Gran Canaries,Portugal x 4 Lake Garda( gorgeous)San Fran x3,LA,NEW YORK x2,Florida,Cyprus,Lanzarote,Tenerife,Liverpool,Cor k,Waterford,Kerry,Sligo...oh and Ibiza,on my honeymoon
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Spain ( callela) x2, Cephalonia, crete , Yugoslavia, portugal
U.k lake district, Dorset, Cornwall, Berwick on tweed,blackpool and Skegness loads of times before i ended up living there...like you Mandy i love it.
i haven't been abroad for 20years and haven't had a holiday for 14 years, i would like to go to Marrakech but not sure i could afford the holiday and insurance plus not sure how i would cope if i got sick abroad.....one day i may just risk it Lol
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 10:20 PM
I fancy going to Malta
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 10:27 PM
Isn't Malta full of old folks??? Apparently you either love it or hate it...i know 2 people round here (oap's) who go back every year, one stays out there for 3 months...can't be that bad then can it?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >