Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2018, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone still hot here to.

brenda very sorry to hear about your brother.

Well another disastrous day. First house quite promising one of the cleaner ones we have been 4 I think I haven't minded walking around maybe a few more as I think I have honestly lost count of how many we have viewed yes make that 6.
Then possibly the same or more that have been filthy I would be ashamed for people to come through my door if my house was in that state let alone expect people to pay money for it.
Anyway this house was put back on the market due to some structural problems ? First time buyers and their valuation survey recommended a full structural survey apparently the windows when put in fairly new some were put in without lintels and so have slipped and caused cracks. Agent waiting for full survey to come across to them then will let us have a look if interested. Would make a lovely house with some knocking down of walls and removal of polystyrene tiles on the ceilings which we could do.
Thing is the drive it is between two houses then into the garden it is shared so better than access rights but to me house not worth jumping out of frying pan into the fire for. Some lovely areas to walk Dillon though and a very quiet road.
Second house a newer house and we guessed it might be small but honestly Dillon wouldn't of got through the hallway Gorden said artichect wasted so much space when designing it.
3rd house just on the market loads of people queuing for a viewing agent got us in so we left the second house to go view this one.
It was classed as an end of terrace victorian we think. You went down an alley one door to house that was not attached halfway along door to house we were viewing at end on a corner into a lean to type extension. Very dirty and dark only windows to the back and front as no windows on the side of the alley and no windows on the side of other house it was attached to. Busy narrow road to and only space to park one car.
So we decided we were going to speak to our agent when we got home and say if neither of the two we are viewing Wednesday pass muster well we know we definitely have a viewing on a bungalow in Downham market waiting for confirmation of viewing on the house before or after we wanted a meeting Monday as we are seriously considering paying the penalty and pulling out and staying put for a while.
We are now thinking we are undervalued.
So spoke to agent who is going to talk to a lady who has a bungalow on above our budget but found it difficult to sell on think they think overpriced so she put a tenant in has reduced price as tenant now gone and she wants to sell.
We shall see we know if we decide to pull out it will break Holly, Dales and Mia's hearts but if we cannot find anything we are not prepared to take second best like last time we have the option this time around.
Whoever would of thought we would be saying that about this house after all the heartache I had with it in the beginning.

Oh yes car failed mot but we knew it would so £450 odd pounds to put right it is staying there till end of the week which is ok we have Gorden's car and the van. One will have to go possibly mine privately and Gorden's part exchange when we get time for another estate or saloon always helpful to have a car with 5 seats. Gorden's is a 4 seater if you put two midgets on the back and the van only has two seats.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2018, 07:27 PM
Lynn, I was shocked to see my neighbors house advertised with pictures showing the drawers all falling to bits, clothes all over and then the kids room...wow?! What a mess. It always makes me wonder if they couldn't be bothered enough to tidy up properly before having photos done...what else could they not be bothered with in the house
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2018, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Hope your delivery has arrived Chris. I got an email saying mine had been delivered through my letter box today but nope no delivery so have had to chase where it is and been told to wait up to 72 hours for a reply. Meanwhile I had some sad news today that my brother had passed away so I will probably be a bit sporadic with my messages. But I can come on here for a bit of normality. I am sure you understand what I mean. Have a good rest of afternoon. Just looked at the forecast for the following few days and they give more hot weather. Fed up with it now and so is Tyto. Sorry Lynn Happy Birthday and anniversary to you both.
I am very sorry to hear of the passing of your brother. My thoughts are with you and all his family.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2018, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hi everyone still hot here to.

brenda very sorry to hear about your brother.

Well another disastrous day. First house quite promising one of the cleaner ones we have been 4 I think I haven't minded walking around maybe a few more as I think I have honestly lost count of how many we have viewed yes make that 6.
Then possibly the same or more that have been filthy I would be ashamed for people to come through my door if my house was in that state let alone expect people to pay money for it.
Anyway this house was put back on the market due to some structural problems ? First time buyers and their valuation survey recommended a full structural survey apparently the windows when put in fairly new some were put in without lintels and so have slipped and caused cracks. Agent waiting for full survey to come across to them then will let us have a look if interested. Would make a lovely house with some knocking down of walls and removal of polystyrene tiles on the ceilings which we could do.
Thing is the drive it is between two houses then into the garden it is shared so better than access rights but to me house not worth jumping out of frying pan into the fire for. Some lovely areas to walk Dillon though and a very quiet road.
Second house a newer house and we guessed it might be small but honestly Dillon wouldn't of got through the hallway Gorden said artichect wasted so much space when designing it.
3rd house just on the market loads of people queuing for a viewing agent got us in so we left the second house to go view this one.
It was classed as an end of terrace victorian we think. You went down an alley one door to house that was not attached halfway along door to house we were viewing at end on a corner into a lean to type extension. Very dirty and dark only windows to the back and front as no windows on the side of the alley and no windows on the side of other house it was attached to. Busy narrow road to and only space to park one car.
So we decided we were going to speak to our agent when we got home and say if neither of the two we are viewing Wednesday pass muster well we know we definitely have a viewing on a bungalow in Downham market waiting for confirmation of viewing on the house before or after we wanted a meeting Monday as we are seriously considering paying the penalty and pulling out and staying put for a while.
We are now thinking we are undervalued.
So spoke to agent who is going to talk to a lady who has a bungalow on above our budget but found it difficult to sell on think they think overpriced so she put a tenant in has reduced price as tenant now gone and she wants to sell.
We shall see we know if we decide to pull out it will break Holly, Dales and Mia's hearts but if we cannot find anything we are not prepared to take second best like last time we have the option this time around.
Whoever would of thought we would be saying that about this house after all the heartache I had with it in the beginning.

Oh yes car failed mot but we knew it would so £450 odd pounds to put right it is staying there till end of the week which is ok we have Gorden's car and the van. One will have to go possibly mine privately and Gorden's part exchange when we get time for another estate or saloon always helpful to have a car with 5 seats. Gorden's is a 4 seater if you put two midgets on the back and the van only has two seats.
I think judging by whats available for you to buy in your range that you may be right on the undervaluing or simply correct value but nothing any good other than yours anything good is selling before you can get a foot in the door. Maybe simply you had a house that was A clean B not failing surverys. C Good area D Honest sellers

You can consider others , but you need to consider yourselves first just be honest I suspect they will realise how hard the market is to find a suitable house .
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2018, 08:05 PM
There have been 4 houses go up by me in last 5 months say 4 sold within a week one still on market from what I can see overpriced by 20grand and has had tennants who have wrecked it and not rectified.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-07-2018, 09:09 PM
Brenda - So sorry to read about your brother, sending you deep condolances, always good to read your posts but if you are away for a bit will understand.

Lynn - Gosh who would have thought that house hunting could be so difficult. Is it possible you could rent a very small flat for six months would avoid having to pay the cancellation fee and all the heartache of telling your buyer you're staying put. Or maybe widen the searchg area and tell your children they have to come to you not the other way round

Thanks everyone for your good wishes for Casey, he's doing OK but I have to say that in my opinion it's the pills that are keeping him going. Today he had one session of rapid breathing in the afternoon, lasted about half an hour then all back to normal.

Weatherman said this morning there maybe a few showers over Suffolk and Norfolk but we ain't seen any, getting fed up with it now

Hope all reading this are OK and doggies as well. I'm off to give Casey his last lot of medication now and then bed. Goodnight all.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-07-2018, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Hope your delivery has arrived Chris. I got an email saying mine had been delivered through my letter box today but nope no delivery so have had to chase where it is and been told to wait up to 72 hours for a reply. Meanwhile I had some sad news today that my brother had passed away so I will probably be a bit sporadic with my messages. But I can come on here for a bit of normality. I am sure you understand what I mean. Have a good rest of afternoon. Just looked at the forecast for the following few days and they give more hot weather. Fed up with it now and so is Tyto. Sorry Lynn Happy Birthday and anniversary to you both.
Sad news. You have my deepest sympathy.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2