Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clipper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2007, 08:12 PM

How Did Your Dog Get It's Name

I love hearing how peoples dogs got their names, so come on, tell all. Was it the look of the dog, a special feature, the colour or the personality that made you pick that name ?

Fernie was my 1st OES and my husband and I bought him between us for our 4th wedding anniversary. Neither of us could agree on a name. He wanted to call him Spangle, can't imagine calling that out in the park, I wanted to call him Baxter, neither of us could agree. In the end, as he was bought for our anniversary we decided to call him after where we got married ..... Ferniegair. So Fernie he became.
Two and a half years later we bought a new hooligan ... sorry OES puppy and he got what was left of the place name. Hence .... Gair.

So come on, spill the beans.
Clipper & the fury gang
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

02-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Rye is Mischran coming thru' The Rye after he Burns song.

Pellow his reg name is Mischran Zarak and we didn'tt want Tzar for a pet name so because when we were driving home from my Friend in Wales who bred him, 10 minutes into the journey he drooled so much that I said to my o/h My jacket is wet, the towels are wet and all down his chest is wet in fact we are Wet, Wet Wet so there it is Pellow naamed for Marti Pellow of Wet Wet Wet .

Brodie because I wanted him to be registered as Polinared Creme de la Creme pet name Brodie as in Prime of Miss Jean Brodie but Creme de la Creme was already taken but we liked the name Brodie and decided tyo stay with it.

Faun because when she was a puppy she reminded me of a little Faun.

and last but by no means least Keri my birman cat because of her startling blue eyes (after the Kerry BlueTerrier) tthough my daughter would say it is after The Kery grow you get for flowers LOL
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Tonto was named after the John Smith's bitter Jack Russell...

And Inca's name was chosen before we even got her, Inca the Inuit. Which is just as well as she was called Sacha when we got her, which was our GSD that we lost, so we wouldn't have called her that.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 08:38 PM
I named Ellie because I wanted either an Ellie or a Phoebe. Percy was called Spanky when I got him but when I saw his KC name Schzade Percy Suede that was it. Liberty again was named after her KC name. I was going to call Wilson Willis but then Wilson popped into my head and that was it. Cooper was called Cooper because I used to groom a Lhasa called Cooper and I thought it was a brilliant name and when the breeder said it has to be soemthing starting with C it had to be. Parker because again I liked Parker after seeing it as a name for another poodle and I named Angel after Cooper/Parkers breeder because she helped me out with her!
Becky
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Amie...........Was picked 10 years ago and I cant remember why I called her that

Cookie..........Cookie Monster from Sesame street

Kai...................God Daughter had a crush on a Boy in her class called Kai

Parker...was a Rescue pup and came with the name and I thought he had enough change in his life without giving him a new name.....plus I Love the name

Oliver the Cat...........came with the Name we just call him Ollie

One more thing the god kids have given them all middle names and they are quite often called using their full names

Cookie Monster

Kai Bosch................Wait for it.........

Parker Paul

And

Amie PAMELA
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Mine had been in rescue twice before he was even 12 months old and both sets of owners gave him different names (Rocky and then Deefa).By time i reserved him-he wouldnt achknowledge either so decided to start a fresh.He had (& still does) have an outgoing,fun persponality so only Vegas could do!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:11 PM
zoeybeau was called after my old zoey i didnt like the name whan i got her first,but it warmed on me and when i lost her it was 2 year before i had another brindle and when dk was whelping skye out popped one the imagae of my old zoey,so thats how she got zoey the beau is short for beautifull so its zoeybeau.molly was named by dk and we kept it,scooby my ohs dog looks like scooby doo xx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Jack's rescue and came with the name, but his old owner called him after his favourite wiskey Jack Daniels and if you think that's bad, he had his daughter named after his favourite larger, Stella that's his previous owners daughter, not Jacks
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:18 PM
sam - was supposed to be a man - but turned out to be a gal - hence now samantha -

nick - after our old dogs dad

and millie - cos it was that or pippa (nothing against pippa)

gawd mine are boring!!!

show names are better - "im all ears" - spaniel ears and it dont listen!!!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Brodie after the village in Scotland where I had special occassions with my family + loved the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (like Lovezois) such a huge character with loads of strength. Like my lass.

Tikaani is Inuit for Wild Wolf. Unlike my Tikky who is the biggest softy that walked the earth.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >