Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 07:28 PM

Magnetic Collars - Do They Work?

I had to pop my old boy Bailey to the vets today, he will be 10 in April and, thankfully seems in good condition for his age.

Over the last couple of days I have noticed he was a bit stiff getting up from his bed and really hesitant about going up and down the three steps to get in and out of the house. He was not exactly lame but his back end didn't look as strong as usual but he was still running around the paddock with the others. I suspected he had either jarred something by slipping on the mud, or has the beginnings of arthritis.

I alway keep some Rimadyl here so started him on that and he seemed a lot better, I stopped it yesterday and he went back to being stiff this morning so I thought I had best get him checked. The Vet thinks the same as me, either a minor injury caused by slipping or the start of old age creeping in.

I have got him back on the Rimadyl until it is under control, I have also started him on the glocausamine. When I was at the vets I asked about the magnetic collars and they didn't have any in stock but were happy to order one

Before I commit though I wonder if anyone has any experience of them and could recommend a particular brand. Bailey is an English Setter, he wasn't weighed today but the vet thinks he is just right, he certainly isn't carrying any excess weight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as, even if this is an injury I would like to get him the collar as he's at that age now when it might flare up and I want to be on top of it when it happens.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 07:40 PM
i use a magnetic collar for diez.i have noticed a difference after using it i also have her on a product called magnacare sc and she is like a puppy again bioflow give you the magnetic collar on a sixty day money back guarantee so you can get it and see if it works
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 08:38 PM
I noticed a difference when Holly wore a bio-flow collar but that was in the early days. When her arthritis got a little worse, it didn't work so well. Arthri-aid is what she's on now and that is really helping.

Helen
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
i use a magnetic collar for diez.i have noticed a difference after using it i also have her on a product called magnacare sc and she is like a puppy again bioflow give you the magnetic collar on a sixty day money back guarantee so you can get it and see if it works
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
I noticed a difference when Holly wore a bio-flow collar but that was in the early days. When her arthritis got a little worse, it didn't work so well. Arthri-aid is what she's on now and that is really helping.

Helen
Thanks very much Ladies, I had seen the bio-flow ones advertised so I think I will try one of those, especially if they give you the guarantee, they must be pretty certain that their product works.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 10:52 PM
I've used magnets on myself and I have to say they were fantastic. I think you can buy magnetic pads which you could slip under your dogs bed.
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I've used magnets on myself and I have to say they were fantastic. I think you can buy magnetic pads which you could slip under your dogs bed.
Becky
Thanks Becky, I did see those pads for beds but because all my lot swap around a lot I couldn't guarantee he would always be the one laying on it and therefore benefitting. They look a great idea though if you've only got one or two dogs and know that they will spend time on it.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Lol of course I'd forgotten about that! Stick to the collar then. Also maybe consider a short course of accupuncture to get it all going? That has worked for me and one of my dogs!
Becky