Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 06:52 PM

Max has had bout of vomiting again.

Poor Max has had tummy troubles again. I've been so pleased with how he's done, he's gone just over a year without having problems but sadly it's back again.

This is the thread I posted in January 2007 with a bit about the background:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=52666

I took Max for his walk yesterday morning and he was fine, bouncing around, did a normal poop. About an hour after his walk, just as I was about to give him his breakfast, I heard him being sick. I was hoping against hope that it wasn't his weird thing back again so decided to starve him to see how he went...

He ate a bit of grass later and was sick again. He was sick a little bit about 7:30 pm and then woke me up at about 1:30 am. I didn't manage to get him out of the door in time and he was sick on the carpet and when I cleaned it up I realised that there was small amounts of blood in his sick.

I phoned the emergency vet cause that really scared me. Thankfully he said that it was not as concerning as I might think and that his stomach was probably a bit inflamed because he had been sick earlier but I should bring him in later in the day (today). Poor Max was sick again at 5:00 am, 7:00 am and then he had diorreohea about 8:30 am.

We mad a vets appointment, the earliest they had was this afternoon. By which time he was back to his bouncy self although I don't know what would have happened if I would have fed him then.

The vets were really busy and running very late so poor Max was so stressed out by the time that we were seen he was almost hyperventilating He's had his usual anti-vomiting and anti-inflamatory jabs and been given his antibiotics so hopefully that will clear it all up again.

He's on chicken and rice, little and often, for the next few days. He did not look impressed when I presented him with 3 spoons of rice this afternoon! I'll keep him quiet over the weekend and see how he gets on and hopefully he will be back to his crazy self very soon.

(I've also posted a thread recently about my mum's dog having a tummy bug. I'm in Warwickshire and she is in Yorkshire so they haven't got the same thing!)
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Sorry to hear Max's tummy is upset. The jab from the vets should help. Fingers crossed it isn't the same thing and perhaps it is just something he has eaten. xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Yes, I do remember your post a year ago, sorry to read this, hope Max recovers.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 11:27 PM
How is Max doing, I hope the jab has worked and he is getting back to his old self.
He may just have a bit of a tummy bug and it will settle down this time. Fingers crossed for your lovely boy
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Thank you for your well wishes, Max is looking a lot brighter this morning. I think he's a little annoyed that his bowl has nowhere near as much as normal in! I'll let him sleep as much as possible and hopefully that, combined with his jabs and antibiotics, will settle things down. Things usually clear up very quickly afterwards.

I'm not sure if we will ever get to the bottom of what causes these bouts of vomiting. The good news is that they are becoming a lot less frequent. When we first got him he was having severe bouts every 3 months, that spread to 6 and now it has been just over a year.

Thank you once again.xx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Glad to hear that Max is a bit brighter today. Fingers crossed that he continues to improve and is back to his normal self soon.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Thank you Phil.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Glad to hear Max feel's a wee bit better today and long may it continue.xxxxxxxxxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Thank you Toni, he has had a second lot of rice this morning so everything seems to be going to plan!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Rice is very bland and help's but it seem's to come out the way it went in, I tend to mix it with tuna in brine help's also I hope he continue's to pick up for you. xxxxxxxxx
(((((((((hugs)))))))))))