Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 09:36 PM

Took the spotties to our favourite place today

My leg was good enough for a walk today so we all piled in the car and went upto our favourite walking destination (not accessible by scooter).

Eddy loves this place because he can go off his lead as there's nowhere for him to run away to. For some reason his recall is almost spot on and he never even attempts to run off whereas everywhere else I risk losing him if he goes off his lead.

We went today and I let him off with the intention of putting him back on his lead if we met any dogs. At one point though, he was too far ahead when he met a very boisterous, young whippet x pointer (who was gorgeous) I called ahead that Eddy barks and has a grumble but wouldn't hurt him and they said that was fine as we caught up. Well he had a grumble everytime the young whipper snapper tried jumping on him but after he stood still long enough for Eddy to introduce himself properly Eddy was fine.

Then we approached three border collies and I left Eddy off his lead. He approached them fine, never even a grumble!!

He was an absolute star and it just shows how much better he is off his lead. I really wish I could let him off in other places but I just can't risk it

Think we'll have to make the effort to go up there more often!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Sounds like a good plan, obviously he had a great time then...bless him

Well done Eddy xxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Sounds like you had a brilliant time, hon.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks guys, yes we did. Eddy did so, so well - he's like a different dog when we go up there and he goes offlead.

It also helps that everyone who walks there knows dogs so if Eddy has a grumble they say 'oh don't worry! It's what dogs do!' instead of shouting accusations about biting (which Ed has never, ever done).

Will definitely be going up there again!