Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:45 AM

Never trust your GP!!

As some of you may know i've been treated by my GP for superficial phylebitis. I've been on various pills. Had 3 D-dimer test. Had the s**t scared out of me. Been in lots of pain on and off for a long time.
Anyway it got so bad on Tuesday i had to leave work in agony and call my dad. I was so desperate to get to the hospital. I'd been pushing for my doppler test for days but the
soonest i could have was in 2 1/2 weeks time
So anyway my dad took me to the GP and i saw Dr Robson. He's one of the older doctors (great guy)
He thoroughly examined me (first time i'd had a proper examination) and told me i hadn't got superficial phylebitis but i've got a torn adductor muscle!!
I had a x-ray yesterday to see if any bones were broken in my femur and pelvic. They were fine although i had a thin layer of calcium build up on my hips (arthritis) not surprised after working with horses for years. I can't feel it so i'm not worried.
I've got to have a scan on my adductor to see whether it is torn.
The 2 doctors i saw who treated me for superficial phylebitis told me to keep exercising to stop my veins going stagnent, this had made it worse!!! Worst of all they were going to put me on warfarin
I've rested. Not over stretched my left leg and its been alot better. I haven't even took any pain killers

I'm so crossed because its been the worst few months of my life caused unnecesarily.
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:51 AM
I bet you're cross and you have every right to be. It's terrible when this happens. I had gallstones many years ago and was in agony and was constantly told by my doctor that is was just indigestion and to drink plenty of warm milk. Turns out it was gallstones and drinking milk made it much worse as you cannot tolerate any fat with gallstones. I had been in agony for months like you.

Any get plenty of rest and I hope you feel better soon.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 12:12 PM
aww hun i know how you feel!!!

A few yrs back i was having back pain...it then started shifting to my left hip (I had played netball at uni and had fallen there!)

the young dr i saw put me on painkillers....every week changing them to stronger ones as the pain was sooo bad!!

Next one was diazepam!
I told Dr i wouldnt take it as studying biopsychology i knew how addictive and dangerous it can be!!

He said Nah it will be fine! ... i made another appointment with the dr i have had since i was 8!
Within 5 minutes i was diagnosed with a hip injury (tracherantic bursitis to be exact!) and that painkillers wouldnt touch it and i need anti-inflammatories!!

2 weeks later i was right as rain!

Some Dr's have no idea!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 02:21 PM
I spent 12 motnhs going to my G.P. with headaches and vomiting and weight loss. He kept saying there's nothing wrong with you, get more exercise, etc. I said to him at one point 'I think I have a brain tumour'. He told me to not be stupid.

I got so ill that my mum took me to hospital and refused to move until O'd had an MRI scan. They scanned me the next day and found a brain tumour the size of an orange. At that point I had 2 weeks left to live.

I really believe that if you are not happy you should get a second or even third opinion. If I'd just took my G.P.s word I would be dead now. Needless to say hes not my G.P. anymore - never got an apology from him or the practice.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Poor you

I was diagnosed with Asthma, when I actually had cancer
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Interesting comments.
Its frightening isn't. Especially to think if it hadn't of been properly diagnosed then you may not have been here today.

Thanks for sharing x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 07:50 PM
This is very scary - hugs from me to all of you who have gone through this mis-diagnosis. I fear I have something similar so will be onto my surgery in the morning.
xxx
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
This is very scary - hugs from me to all of you who have gone through this mis-diagnosis. I fear I have something similar so will be onto my surgery in the morning.
xxx
Good luck hope all goes well xx
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Jules hun what a nightmare. Will give you a call. I know you'll be worrying about the dogs so if you want me to come and get them and give them a run with mine, just shout. You've got my number.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh how awful for you, I hope you start to feel better now and it can heal quickly.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >