Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DeeBuzzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-04-2017, 03:17 PM

Frozen fruit and veg?

My ESS is on a raw diet which includes fruit and veg. Does anyone else play the "throwing frozen fruit and veg round the kitchen" game, or am l just a bit crazy?
I get a handful of peas and, one by one, throw them at the kick board of the kitchen units. They ricochet off them, making a noise as they hit, and my dog will chase the peas he hears or sees. I also do this with sweet corn, broad beans, soya beans, blackcurrants and red currants. He also catches blackberries ( picked on walks and frozen during the autumn), and strawberries if he's lucky. It's of great nutritional value, entertaining for the dog and quite fun for me too!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2017, 03:31 PM
Mine does the same with ice cubes in summer. She has a whale of a time nosing them around and trying to work out how to pick them up. She's not a fruit and veg fan, but my previous two loved to grapple with a frozen carrot or pieces of apple.