Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 09:44 AM

Dog Car Ramp

Pet gear three section (so not as steep as many) dog car ramp. It is anti slip and folds with carry handle.
This link shows the same one.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pet-Gear-Tri.../dp/B000GIPWMM

I would like £25 for it but you would have to arrange collection or pick up.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Pet gear three section (so not as steep as many) dog car ramp. It is anti slip and folds with carry handle.
This link shows the same one.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pet-Gear-Tri.../dp/B000GIPWMM

I would like £25 for it but you would have to arrange collection or pick up.
What a bit of kit that is! Never seen one before. I suppose some dogs cannot 'jump into' a car - but I've never owned one who couldn't. (My old GSD would leap onto the blerdy engine if you opened the bonnet! So desperate not to be left behind!)
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
What a bit of kit that is! Never seen one before. I suppose some dogs cannot 'jump into' a car - but I've never owned one who couldn't. (My old GSD would leap onto the blerdy engine if you opened the bonnet! So desperate not to be left behind!)
I got it new when Shady had her cruciate operation and she had to get in and out of the car for appointments but wasn't allowed to jump and she was too heavy for me to lift.
It worked a treat.
Also ideal for elderly dogs that can no longer jump into the car comfortably.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Bev, can you find out the cheapest postage/carrier for me, I don't like Keshi jumping in and out of the car as she is still only young (although very large ) so I lift her in and out and she weighs a ton, and got another 6 months or so of that yet, and I know Cariad and Lona are coming up to 8 and am thinking in advance in case either of them gets arthritic in later years.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Bev, can you find out the cheapest postage/carrier for me, I don't like Keshi jumping in and out of the car as she is still only young (although very large ) so I lift her in and out and she weighs a ton, and got another 6 months or so of that yet, and I know Cariad and Lona are coming up to 8 and am thinking in advance in case either of them gets arthritic in later years.
Give me till over the weekend as I am flat out here and I will ring some carriers and see what they would charge for you.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Don't worry about it Bev, when you can. I'm not in a rush.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 07:13 PM
I have a ramp but mine don't like using it. If anyone comes across a step whilst searching the internet I would be grateful if they could post the link here.

Ideally I am looking for a small foldaway bench that the dogs can use to jump up on before jumping up into the car. It is a new car that we need to get crated but it is quite a big jump for them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Keshi's a clever little girlie, she sits on the kerb then jumps in, I have to lift her out though and she won't jump in unless she is already on the kerb. She is the size (in fact larger) than the others already, but like I have already said with her being so young I don't want to cause any problems skeletally for her.
Wish you were nearer Bev then I could come over for it!!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Will have a look later today for prices, alternatively is there anyone you know who travels this way with work so we could set up a transport relay.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2013, 09:15 AM
My brother lives in Hitchin but don't know if his oh is planning any trips up here to see her family at all and even less sure if she would collect it to be very honest. Will email him. They were away but more than likely back now
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >