Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PitBullLove
New Member!
Female 

18-10-2009, 12:43 AM

Hi From Canada

Hi guys. I stumbled on your site while doing some googling on dog related stuff, as par usual. lol As my user name suggests, I'm a lover of pit bulls and have owned the breed for over 17 years. Spent a few years involved in rescue until I retired for personal reasons. I'm on my seventh pit bull now {own four at this point in time} and no doubt there will be more in my future.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Hi and welcome from another Canadian!!! we're few and far between on this forum, but we fit in well! I adore Pits too, and my next dog will be either a deaf Pit Bull, or a Deaf Great Dane! I take in deaf dogs, I have 2 deaf dogs, and will have them forever (I prefer them to hearing dogs!) I also have 2 hearing dogs. All of mine are rescues. I also volunteer with a rescue that rescues off First Nations Reserves. What part of Canada are you in? I'm in Central Alberta. I KNOW you aren't in Ontario! LOL.
PitBullLove
New Member!
Female 

18-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Oh no... I got out of Ontario, luckily, before the ban went through! lol I did get a few dogs that were death row, thanx to the ban, out of there though which was nice, since I have literally been banned from my family as they are all there and there is no way I'd ditch my dogs to return. I'm in B.C. now. I actually had one deaf foster and she was AMAZING! I was glad I got to try my hand at a deaf dog and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by PitBullLove View Post
Oh no... I got out of Ontario, luckily, before the ban went through! lol I did get a few dogs that were death row, thanx to the ban, out of there though which was nice, since I have literally been banned from my family as they are all there and there is no way I'd ditch my dogs to return. I'm in B.C. now. I actually had one deaf foster and she was AMAZING! I was glad I got to try my hand at a deaf dog and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
I'm lucky, I have people all over the country, so I'll never have to worry about being banned from my family! Stupid Ontario, I'm still mad that they passed that! Poor dogs! Well if I hear about a deaf pit needing help, I'll contact you! LOL... there are ALWAYS deaf pits needing help, I can think of 2 or 3 in California that're in desperate need. I am on a Deaf Dog yahoo group, we get alot of posts about those in need, most are Pits (or similar breeds), with alot of Aussies, Catahoulas, Dals and mutts. Whenever you feel the need to foster, i'm sure we can get one transported to you! LOL
PitBullLove
New Member!
Female 

18-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Actually, I don't foster anymore unfortunately. I have a six year old daughter with Cystic Fibrosis. Her immune system is pretty shot and she actually got kennel cough from some foster pups we had. Then she started picking up bacterial and yeast infections from one of our long term fosters with horrible allergy issues so we decided, with broken hearts, that it was safer for her if we don't foster. Sigh... it's still really hard as we loved it so much. We had so many awesome dogs come through our home, it's hard to face that we had to stop. We still have our own animals, but we keep them quite ''unexposed'' to any ''risk'' animals like shelter dogs, ones that attend doggy daycare, show or sporting events, etc... We actually got a registered dog to show and wanted to get her titled in some sporting events but we've even had to put that aside. My daughter was so excited about the prospect of junior handling, she was so bummed out when we decided against it. So ya... we've got a quarentine room set up for our own crew if any of them get sick, we have to separate. We try to do things as safe as we can for her, while still having animals in her life. She's just like her mum and lives for them. There is no way I could keep her from at least a few! lol
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 10:24 AM
WELCOME TO DOGSEY

Would love to see some photos, love pits too - and i love BC !!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by PitBullLove View Post
Actually, I don't foster anymore unfortunately. I have a six year old daughter with Cystic Fibrosis. Her immune system is pretty shot and she actually got kennel cough from some foster pups we had. Then she started picking up bacterial and yeast infections from one of our long term fosters with horrible allergy issues so we decided, with broken hearts, that it was safer for her if we don't foster. Sigh... it's still really hard as we loved it so much. We had so many awesome dogs come through our home, it's hard to face that we had to stop. We still have our own animals, but we keep them quite ''unexposed'' to any ''risk'' animals like shelter dogs, ones that attend doggy daycare, show or sporting events, etc... We actually got a registered dog to show and wanted to get her titled in some sporting events but we've even had to put that aside. My daughter was so excited about the prospect of junior handling, she was so bummed out when we decided against it. So ya... we've got a quarentine room set up for our own crew if any of them get sick, we have to separate. We try to do things as safe as we can for her, while still having animals in her life. She's just like her mum and lives for them. There is no way I could keep her from at least a few! lol
That's such a hard thing to deal with! I went to school with a guy that had CF he was an amazing person! when he was 22 he climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa. I haven't heard how he's doing lately, but last I heard he was still doing well. He would be 27 now. I'm glad you still have a few dogs around, dogs are the best therapy. When I was a kid, I was tested for allergies (I'm allergic to everything) the doc told my Mom to get rid of the pets, we had 2 cats and 2 dogs. Of course my Mom didn't, and my allergies to dogs are almost non existent now... will never be able to have another cat tho.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Hello Zoe ,
A warm welcome to Dogsey, the friendly site for doglovers everywhere.
We are delighted to have you with us.
If you need help with posting pictures,
or with anything on Dogsey, please Click Here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >