Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura1980
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2009, 09:13 PM

Yelping when picked up after 2nd jab

Hi everyone,

My lab puppy had her 2nd jab today. I think it hurt her when she had it done because she let out a big yelp, whereas with her first jab and her microchip she didn't bat an eyelid. Anyway ever since we have been home she is giving a tiny yelp/whimper when we pick her up a certain way. She is ok when we pick her up differently. I have felt around her and she seems fine, she wasn't bothered by me touching her. Do you think the two things are related? She is fine in every other way, she is 100% herself.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 09:24 PM
my pup had her second jab a week ago and i haven't noticed any difference in her. but the vet did say that she could be a little sore around the area. i would ring your vets in the morning and put your concerns to them. i'm sure it's fine but only a vet can tell you that.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Laura1980 View Post
Hi everyone,

My lab puppy had her 2nd jab today. I think it hurt her when she had it done because she let out a big yelp, whereas with her first jab and her microchip she didn't bat an eyelid. Anyway ever since we have been home she is giving a tiny yelp/whimper when we pick her up a certain way. She is ok when we pick her up differently. I have felt around her and she seems fine, she wasn't bothered by me touching her. Do you think the two things are related? She is fine in every other way, she is 100% herself.
hi
whilst anything is possible im not convinced its related to the vac at all.how are you picking her up?
Laura1980
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
how are you picking her up?
Occasionally while she's standing on her back legs. Sort of like how you would lift a child, under the arms. Maybe she's getting too heavy for that now?

She is also now big enough to be able to jump up and down off the sofa (although she's not allowed), maybe she has hurt herself somehow.

At the minute she is running around here more hyper than I have ever seen her, nothing's bothering her now.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:06 PM
i think you may have answered your own question you shouldnt pick a pup of her age,weight and breed up like that now.
im sure she will be fine
Laura1980
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:15 PM
She has really sprouted up recently, she seems to be bigger every time I look at her. Thanks for your advice, I was just curious as to why it happened immediately after she got her jab, probably just coincidence. Thanks again.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Laura1980 View Post
She has really sprouted up recently, she seems to be bigger every time I look at her. Thanks for your advice, I was just curious as to why it happened immediately after she got her jab, probably just coincidence. Thanks again.
no probs! anytime
just a thought,when she had her jab at the vet,did she cry? and did you respond to it?
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Our toy poodle was very sensitive around his neck and the right side of his face after both of his injections, and although the vet wouldn't admit it we were pretty sure it was as a result of the jab, since it happened twice around the same time as the jab and he is very small. Even so after a few days each time he was fine.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Gina&Jaz View Post
Our toy poodle was very sensitive around his neck and the right side of his face after both of his injections, and although the vet wouldn't admit it we were pretty sure it was as a result of the jab, since it happened twice around the same time as the jab and he is very small. Even so after a few days each time he was fine.
the needle gauge we use(and most vets) is tiny,the reason the scruff is used is becuse of the loose skin and less nerves,it is injected sub-cut and not into the muscle( we also have some very small pups )and if the vet thought it was the reason i dont see why they wouldnt of agreed with you
anyhow,im glad all pups have recovered well!! enjoy
Laura1980
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
no probs! anytime
just a thought,when she had her jab at the vet,did she cry? and did you respond to it?
She just yelped then she was fine. I didn't fuss but the vet gave her a stroke.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >