Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-02-2009, 11:12 PM

After Sales Service- Grrrrr No Service

long rant grrrrrrr
In august last year my dad had a stair lift fitted, due to his lessening mobility.
We had 4 companies come to the house and give quotes, my dad decided to go with a long established family firm ( i won't say the name on here), they offered to fit a grab rail at the top of the stairs, and said the stairlift would be fitted in 3 to 5 days, 2 weeks later after about 6 phone calls they came and installed it minus the grab rail, 5 phone calls later and 2 weeks they fitted the rail.
At 6.30am this morning dad was coming down stairs when it suddenly stopped working grrrr i had to get up and help him down stairs. I rang the company( we will phone you back) 2 hours later I rang back(we will try to get someone out tomorrow) wtf, told them he can't go to the toliet without the lift( ok will try to get someone out today) no -one came so i rang again( sorry nothing has been put through to the engineer)GRRRRR. i will be on the phone first thing in the morning. god help whoever answers the phone. dad is sleeping on the sofa tonight, hooch isn't happy thats where he sleeps at night. will also be contacting the owner to tell him about the lack of after care. thanks for staying till the end of the rant ,just needed to vent.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 11:25 PM
so annoying isnt it...

if its any consolation my father in law had a stair lift fitted 2 years ago by the council and it stopped working after about ayear - something simple to fix but like your dad total pain as the toilet was upstairs...

He also had a powercut when he was on it which was quite entertaining as we all forgot about the back up manual wind handle for sometime or at least until he stopped shouting at us and asked nicely "!! LOL
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 08:08 AM
that's absolutely dreadful
No-one has these things put in because they're in the pink - so their after care should be second to none.
I would tell them if they don't get a move on a bit of naming and shaming might be in order
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Well i phoned them first thing, and told them i'm not happy at all with thier lack of after care, was told ( ohh well it was passed to the engineer yesterday did he not come) would i be phoning if he had? grrrrr i bet when he does come and i ask him( when did you receive this work order) he will say this morning. naming and shaming seems like a great idea.
They have just phoned to say the engineer will be here today but they can't give a time, so it looks like a day waiting in. hooch will be climping the walls by then. he doesn't like his walkies being delayed.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 05:17 PM
know what you mean. our stairlift has been more trouble than its worth.

please name and shame - if you do i will lol

sue