register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2016, 01:40 PM
Oh Lynn, I do sympathise, whatever you do you're going to put someone's back up, but you aren't asking for the moon either, your expectations of a public footpath staying where it is (as per legislation) and it being safe are ones that the vast majority of us would expect. Just do your own thing with the Council and Ramblers Assoc. and if anyone else benefits, thats good, if it puts other peoples noses out of joint, then its their problem not yours.
I can quite understand the logistics problem, you must be able to do that drive in your sleep by now. Whatever way it falls, school holidays finish very soon, so you'll be able to get a break from it all for a few weeks. Which V Festival is she going to, youngest son is stewarding doing the wristbands at the one in Leeds (I think) Bank Holiday weekend.
As for the 'garden' next door....well it is Jeff's garden, and I have to say his brother does clear it at least once a year, right down to bare earth, within weeks it has all sprung up again, maybe he's fed up of it as well. His face was like I'd asked him to abseil nekkid down Big Ben or something
Wondering if I can maybe get some plastic fence type stuff thats solid and I can push down on my side of the hedge so the roots can't get through. Its annoying because I've got my garden really nice now, he has 2 grandchildren and I know they live in a flat, so surely getting a bit of grass with a few plants sorted, then the kids could play there, isn't beyond the realms of possibility. There's enormous tomato plants (again) growing in the backyard, they will be his brother's probably, just flowering now, obviously things can be done if they want to do them!!!
Still very overcast and grey here, feels warm though and was like a wet rag when I got back with Mabs and Kesh.
Giving Zen a bit more freedom and letting go of the line every so often and practicing bits of training stuff. If it wasn't for this soreness on her flank I'd think she was better, but still very evasive on letting me near that bit of her. Had to clip more hair off the btm area, she was so good with that though.
I had Cariad and Lona out, just a walk through a wooded, grassy area, and honest, a cat nearly ended its life. With it being weekend I had them on a shorter lead than normal, because there's people around walking dogs on harness's with an extended lead and I have no chance if one of them heads for me, so I am alert for them, passing a bush and a cat jumped straight out in front of us, girls reared up like they were chariot horses setting off and yanked me forward, back went Ping cat flew off, they made every effort to follow, luckily leads were short, and I was able to gather them in fast, it would have lost its life more than likely if I hadn't. Why the heck the stupid thing couldn't stay where it was I have no idea.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Well I posted last night but turns out it was on Fridays post that's what happens when you been to the pub
Don't worry Mandy I did the same thing a few weeks ago and what's more I couldn't even blame the dreaded drinkies 'cos I had none
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Evening all
Hope everyone's had a good day
Excuse my while I rant
Could commit murder
Must have the most stupidest hubby idiot only went and put petrol in my diesel car what an ablulte plonker
Luckily oh and son in law were able to drain the tank Cannot believe how stupid he's been bl@@dy polonker
AA we're going to charge £220 and couldn't do it till tomorrow.
How we got to daughters I'll never know
Apart from that lunch was lovley knew there would be an alterior motive mum could you just make some curtains will be seeing dinosaurs in my sleep
Ok rant over
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I feel a bit let down by all the streetlife members
Hi Lynn, after you mentioned this site the other day I had a look. I had to put my post code in to see what was being talked about and none of it grabbed my attention questions about where to find a chiropodist and many other similar queries and almost all from Thetford which my local builder/handyman keeps refering to as "The Beirout of East Anglia" Apologies if anyone reading this does live in Thetford, it has a long and proud history, Thomas Paine was born there, but sadly IMO it has gone down in the past 20 years.

Just been reading about all your family needs and it sounds like you need a big computer and software like TNT, UPS, and DPD combined, in order to meet all your commitments. There comes a time when you just can't meet everyones wishes even 'tho you want to.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
cat flew off, they made every effort to follow, luckily leads were short, and I was able to gather them in fast, it would have lost its life more than likely if I hadn't.
Reminded me off one time with Baruska who did go after a cat, a long story which I won't go into now. Suffice to say that it was all that I could do to hold her. You managed with two which I find impressive.

Today on our walk we just entered the field by the river and Casey and Lara ran up to something in the long grass, it was a young (grey feathered) swan which must have been either ill or injured, it made some terrible hissing noise and moved away, Lara (not Casey) followed clearly never seen a swan before, neither of them touched the swan. I quickly put them on lead and took them to the river to drink (Casey)& swim (Lara)

Then I tied them to the gate and went up to where the swan was lying, it's wing looked crooked but I could see no injuries certainly no blood. I approached slowly and not too close and it didn't move or hiss or anything.

Don't know what to do now, I've a feeling it won't live long and the parents were no where to be seen.

Might go that way tomorrow, tie dogs to gate and just walk the few yards to where it was, hopefully it will have recovered and be gone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Back safe good journey either way. Sundays always good journey wise.
Sure they are tomato plants June ?
Shouldn't laugh Mandy but that is funny.
Norma what a nightmare glad you got it sorted.
Harvey maybe the parents have abandoned the swan if it's ill.
Or maybe they have been injured or worse and it's been left on it's own. either way hope it recovers. Might the RSPCA help if it's still about tomorrow ? Something may come along and end it's life overnight. Very sad.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2016, 06:15 PM
I love him They both came in all flustered, 10 mins later than the time I said we would be having lunch. Apparently the traffic was stationary for most of the ring road, flipping grockles (holiday makers) Anyone who brings me an orchid plant and a box of Thorntons has won me round
We had a lovely lunch, good conversation and fun
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2016, 06:23 PM
Mmmmm Lynn, well ya never know do you
Nippy, you are so easily won over, real toughie or what
Harvey, I tried ringing the RSPCA about a young swan wandering around on the tow path, they wanted me to wait with it till they came, and that could have been anytime up till midnight. I rang the local council about it as it was on the Country Park and they said they would contact someone. It was gone the next time I was up that end. Can you see if there is any sort of bird sanctuary in your area that you could contact, someone told me ages later that they will usually attend quicker than the RSPCA, who only do that sort of stuff promptly if there is a TV crew around.
Norma, didn't know you 'did' curtains, I'll pop the measurements over to you, whilst you are at the machine
I have done that, put diesel in a petrol car, and I had no excuse at all, I hadn't driven a diesel in years, still have no idea why I did it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Anyone who brings me an orchid plant and a box of Thorntons has won me round
Right I now know what to send you

Regarding odd colour fruit and veg, I actualy agree with you, I couldn't eat a purple carrot

We used to grow red currants in Cetanov, they did well there and I thought a red (or pink even) blueberry would look the same and could be used in a rather nice flan that SWMBO makes (When she's in the mood)

Anyway, do please let us know what you end up with I'm very interested.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Me to Nippy Jen. Maybe wine too.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >