View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 11:04 AM

Honey and Diesel need the RSPCA apparently.

As they are distressed, and howling all day, even when I'm at home funnily enough, also no ones ever knocked on my door to say anything, I've just got a letter through my door from one of my neighbours saying that they've called the RSPCA on my distressed dog, yes just the one, the thing is I think I know what dog their on about, as I have been annoyed by a dog that sounds like a terrier barking away most the day, but it just seems that instead of finding out the true howler someones just gone to blame the nearest person with dogs that they can, even though they only think that I have one...
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Thats really annoying for you , I hope you get this sorted out, someone is obviously barking up the wrong tree !
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 11:26 AM
What an eejit. RSPCA will soon set them right.

I had that before with Dougal, someone called them and said that he was living in filthy conditions...how would they know!

The SSPCA came out and laughed and went away with white trousers, after Dougal did his 'hello you want a cuddle don't you, no? Well you're getting one anyway' act.

The RSPCA will come round, take a look, cuddle the dogs and larf their head off. Your dogs are clearly well taken care of so don't worry.

You could always do what someone on here suggested to me, put a notice up saying whoever called the RSPCA about my dogs thank you for your concern but they found nothing wrong.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 11:46 AM
My son had this happen ages back.

When they came they found nought wrong....we knew what is was all about as he had a really nasty neighbour who gave him no end of grief

so I stuck a poster in his front window

THANK YOU FOR CALLING THE RSPCA, THEY LOVED MY DOGS AND FOUND NOTHING WRONG.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 11:59 AM
I had this a couple of years ago with my immediate neighbours. On the one side they are a complete nightmare but the other side make up for it - they're fantsatic.

Now the malicious complaints have started up again. I've had a phone call fromt he police and a letter from the Local Authority. Now I'm waiting for the inevitable letter/visit fromt he RSPCA. 2 years running they turned up on Oscar's birthday but to do that this year they'll have to wait until August. Don't think they leave complaints that long.

I've also had them come round at a tme when the dogs had been in kennels. Amazingly, they could hear the dogs making a racket from about 15 miles away. Outstanding!!
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 01:44 PM
The RSPCA are not silly and are wise to non dog lovers complaining just to be spiteful. U know yo're dogs are loved and looked after and so will they when they visit, so what's the point in worrying? They'll look the fools in the end!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 01:50 PM
It happens far too regularly taking up valuable time and resources which could be better spent elsewhere.

The problem, of course, is that reports have to be investigated, but it's a shame that habitual 'reporters' can't be fined to the amount it costs to investigate malicious calls
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 01:52 PM
If it's a genuine mistake then I think I'd avoid the sarcastic route and go for a note up to say something politely like "To the person that reported my dogs for barking - please note that I am home most of the day and it is not my dogs barking, just thought I'd let you know so you can find the real culprit"
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:05 PM
If you know which neighbours reported you, is there any particular reason why you can't go & see them & explain that it's not your dogs?
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 06:35 PM
That's awful!!
If it makes you feel better, we had the RSPCA come to us once as someone complained our dogs were outside all day and night barking!! I knew who it was too. He lived behind our house but what he didn't realise is that my dogs weren't outside dogs and the barking dog in question lived next door!!
The complainant also said that we neglected our dogs!!
When he paid us a visit, he saw their shiny immaculate coats (obviously of indoor dogs!!) and their perfect weights and just said "I think there's been some mistake"!!
One night the neighbour's dog was barking incessantly and he was stood at his window, arms folded, looking directly at our house in disgust! I then picked up each of my dogs and held them up to the window to show him it wasn't our dogs and then pulled the V's at him!!
I saw him the next day and he was all smiles and trying to chat whereupon I told him to "f**k off" and go and complain about someone else!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >