View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Gems are you the country song / Lisa P?...You said the first one, am I right??...I couldn't get it to work but I will try again...

Just wanted to tell you good luck with your singing and good luck with where ever it takes you. Hope it went well with the band that will be calling you back
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Nope, just looked at that persons profile and it isn't you!...which one is yours?
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-06-2005, 06:45 AM
Very good indeed Alanis, er, I mean Gems!

I had to do a search for gems to find it, didn't seem to be in the first page or two any more, unless my tired eyes missed it... :smt015
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 07:19 AM
Hey thanks rich

You will have to do a search for ironic, gems, as a few more songs have been added, so its gone down the list , how dare they !
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Sorry Gems, totally forgot about this last night

I'm generally sceptical of anyone who says they can sing, however you certainly can sing. And you are very good

I've helped out in a couple of band and lived with a couple and you sound better than most of the female singers they went through. Be careful that bands aren't just looking for a pretty face and that they aren't more interested in getting in your pants than your singing. If you don't click with them almost immediately move on to another one; there are plenty out there.

What the most important thing to learn now is how to use the microphone so that you get the most out of it. For example some mics emphasize the bass the closer to it you sing. The microphone is your instrument and just like any instrument you have to know how it works.

Also, hae a think about where you want to sing. Do you want to do small pubs that have 'entertainment' on a Sunday night? Or private clubs for functions etc? Or nightclubs where you might be 'seen'? The money is dramatically different for each one. Whichever you choose make sure the rest of the band agree from the start.

I wish you the best of luck, it's very hard work but it's a lot of fun

Graeme
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Thats Graeme, that means alot

LOL i dont think i need to worry about the pretty face !
But i do know what you saying, it happened to a friend of mine.

To start out i guess it doesnt really matter where i sing, functions sounds good, id like to do weddings birthdays, but as long as i can sing and do what i love, i dont mind!

thanks again, you are all so kind
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Well for functions up here we used to get between £250 - £400 per night. We used to do quite a few Orange clubs, Masonics and Working mens clubs (on the whole they were decent places) as well as birthdays and weddings. The music is kinda sucky (Whitney, Cher, Celine Dion kinda thing) and everyone will always complain you are too loud or they can't hear you. It is however probably the easiest type of gig to get. The one thing you do need is to be able to provide 3 - 4 hours worth of songs with a few catchy numbers in there to get them up dancing.

Provided people go away pissed and having danced they will think you are the greatest band ever

Graeme
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2005, 09:41 AM
I can't find it
oooooo yes I have found it!! is that really you Gems thats fantastic, have never heard that song before (I live in a world of classical music) hope you win!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Thanks mini, yep thats me, thats a raw one, nothing added, just me singing, might have a play around with echo's and see how that sounds!
thanks

thanks also graeme, *whispers* i kinda like celine dion songs, *coughs*
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 10:31 AM
gems that was brill :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
you have a great voice
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >