View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2007, 12:11 PM
I agree! I have had double back on my dogs too. My sisters dogs do fine on it.. I guess its one of those things with some dogs.. ( but all 4 of mine??? lol..)
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2007, 05:37 PM
One of mine develop an Adverse reaction to Turkey, 10mths later still trying to get his skin right, he is getting better now only fed on Sheep, Lamb all parts.
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I agree.. Never had much success with it! Thank you for pming me!
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Great information!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Wow, raw feeding since 1984?! So it isn't a fad like some believe then?

I have to say Isla will eat Turkey legs, but has always vomited after eating them. I'm told it's due to the quantity of bone being too high? Not sure how true that is though?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks for such an informative and interesting post.
I am relatively new to raw feeding having done it now for about a year or just over. I am a complete convert to it and urge others to do it whenever I can. I got absolute boatloads of help from people on here, britbarf and on our Ute forum, but it is amazing to hear from someone who has fed raw for so long.
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Wow, raw feeding since 1984?! So it isn't a fad like some believe then?

I have to say Isla will eat Turkey legs, but has always vomited after eating them. I'm told it's due to the quantity of bone being too high? Not sure how true that is though?
Its been around for a long time. More so becoming pronounced in the ethoxyquin issues in the late 70's to 80's when dogs were dying from unknown cancers because of this chemical. Same chemical used in "Round up " pesticide..
Morgandy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2007, 12:52 AM
I have noticed that you can buy chicken legs and wings at my wholesalers. However i have never used them as it sort of goes against the grain. All the years of being told that the bones are dangerous and when i asked my vet about it he said it best not to take the risk as knowing my luck it could be disasterous. For years i fed raw tripe and other meats and then i got worried when that boxer died after eating raw mince sold for humans. I have fed some occasionally and found that my dogs stomach is more settled than when they have cooked. Also i found that my young ones are abit finicky with their food lately and i would like a little more weight on them. They would love chicken legs do you think its safe then and do you have any other suggestions. They have dried foods and prefer theirs as it comes instead of soaking but not keen on it mixed with anything, prefering their meat seperate. Perhaps i should give them a couple of pounds of meat and let them eat what dried foods they want after?
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Bones totally raw ( I do not use beef bones- too thick) but chicken bones are harmless. Only side effect on raw is a poop that disappears in a few days as it decentagrates outside like any naturally fed animal would.
Tripe is stomach lining- not the same as mince.
G.G.
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi this is my first post. I started feeding my lot raw 3 days ago after reading `GIVE YOUR DOG A BONE` by Dr.Ian Billinghurst (brilliant!) and having lots of advice from like-minded doggy friends! I don`t know why i`m so suprised that they all get stuck in and eat all that i give them,after all it`s what they are meant to be fed.I t`s the look of surprise on their faces that does it for me! I`m having problems with one spaniel and liver,all the rest eat it no trouble but rosie just sniffs it and thats it
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >