Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
ALL owners are repsonsible for picking up, you can be fined by the council a heafty fine for not doing so. Retaliating is really childish and sets a bad example to everyone else with dogs if it was bothering you that much you could have reported them if you knew for definate who was to blame.

Personally I loath anyone who can't be arsed to pick up after their dog whatever their reason theirs nothing worse then spotting give massive turds because some mastiff or rottie owner couldnt be bothered to pick up after their dog, its usually irrasponsible staffie owners to blame though -.-

Oh that's a bit of a generalisation is it not- do you mean specifically in your area in which case I would go up to them when you see them leaving it and offer a poop bag!

I always pick up and even had to go and ask another dog owner the other day to borrow a bag as had come out with different buggy and didn't have them in it.

In my area it's the older generation of dog owners who walk miles in front of their dog and have no idea where they are pooing who are the main culprits!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
[/B]
Oh that's a bit of a generalisation is it not- do you mean specifically in your area in which case I would go up to them when you see them leaving it and offer a poop bag!

I always pick up and even had to go and ask another dog owner the other day to borrow a bag as had come out with different buggy and didn't have them in it.

In my area it's the older generation of dog owners who walk miles in front of their dog and have no idea where they are pooing who are the main culprits!

Yes-I second this! I did tell one as his dog had pooped on the pitch and putt course and I was worried that all dogs would be banned if he didn't clear up after it. He always walked round about half a circuit in front of his elderly dog but said it always went in the garden. Not this time it didn't!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
ALL owners are repsonsible for picking up, you can be fined by the council a heafty fine for not doing so. Retaliating is really childish and sets a bad example to everyone else with dogs if it was bothering you that much you could have reported them if you knew for definate who was to blame.

Personally I loath anyone who can't be arsed to pick up after their dog whatever their reason theirs nothing worse then spotting give massive turds because some mastiff or rottie owner couldnt be bothered to pick up after their dog, its usually irrasponsible staffie owners to blame though -.-
The Staffy owner always picks up their dogs poo around here.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2011, 08:15 PM
on a side note, i was once told off by a neighbour for letting my cat poop in their garden..... - It was actually a stray cat which i had turn up on my doorstep! So i say my cat.. I fed it, defleaded/wormed it, petted it and let it rule my house.

My immediate response to this grumpy neighbour was to appologise, but after really thinking about it hard and what i would say when he asked if i would do something was i started to smile, then i started to laugh.. and then when he asked me to control my animals i.e the cat. I then burst out laughing and said. I'm a dog trainer... not a miracle worker. Unless I lock the cat up in the house 24/7 and have my palm tree wrecked (His favourite indoor place to poop was the tree not in the litter tray..) i had no way of teaching it not to go over the fence.

It was funny though, he bought this green gel which matched the grass and sprinkled it everywhere to stop the cat toileting. - But it turned bright glowing blue with the frost and the rain. My cat still pooped there for many weeks... until the door next to him invested in woodchippings. My cat (who never used a blasted litter tray once in the house except the plant pot) then found pleasure in discovering Englands biggest cat litter tray. Problem solved.. Well Sort of.

But a dog.. Yes i would definitelty clean it up, i mean i would have offered to clean up the cat poop, but the guy next to me is a bit of a trouble maker with a lot of the people around here. Whether its parked cars, noisy kids anything. He is just a grump I knew if i gave in this time, he would be back next time with an even bigger demand like cut your tree down. (yes we have had this argument before....) I knew he wouldnt hurt the cat as his missus is mad on animals and i'm sure without him knowing sometimes feeds my greedy cat! I also know my cat is healthy, vaccinated and not carrying any diseases/illnesses which can pass through the faeces to other cats or people. *touch wood* it stays that way.

Sorry for the waffling, just a trip down memory lane. Frosty ithe cat s right now sitting on my feet looking at me type and eyeing up my cheese toasty. I think he knows i'm talkinng about him.

But yes, dog poo i would not leave behind ever A) you can be prosecuted, B) I would not want it left on my doorstep or by my car, or on my property. C) Your dog may be vaccinated, health checked etc but like most animals diseases and viruses can pass through faeces if your not careful. Hopefully you don't have any health problems but certainly cleaning up is a wise thing to do.

Your best thing to do is be the better person and clean up after your dog, if you really want to be the better person that clean up after her dog and then knock on her door with the poop in the bag, and tell her you think she forgot something. (just dont cause trouble for yourself!) :P
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2