View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Apparently on the show tonight he was talking about it again....
Copied this from another forum, from someone who watched tonights show....

He told Brian Blessed that he thought she was pregnant. (To which everyone went Giggle giggle ahhhhhhhhh) He said they had been kept separate as she was in Season but a few days ago Buster came in from the garden and (quote) 'I swear he looked up at me and winked' closely followed by Olga who went straight upstairs for a lie down.
inneedofhelp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2005, 08:19 PM
i always thought they castrated/nutured rescue dogs if not then they would take the animals away well that is what there like here.. 8 months is a bit young for the poor thing but if it's an accident then it cant be helped if not seen but what about bicth spray for her.. that might have worked.. if not keep knickers on her..
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by inneedofhelp
i always thought they castrated/nutured rescue dogs if not then they would take the animals away well that is what there like here.. 8 months is a bit young for the poor thing but if it's an accident then it cant be helped if not seen but what about bicth spray for her.. that might have worked.. if not keep knickers on her..
They only neuter if the animal is old enough.
if the animal isn't old enough, then usually you sign a contract saying you will get them neutered as soon as possible.

Yep, accidents do happen, but when you are promoting rescues, trying to re-home dogs, it isn't great to announce a mistake such as that on national TV!
He could have taken his bitch to the vets, who could give her an injection to terminate.

Paul was supposed to be keeping the dogs seperate, but he said they got in the garden together.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Hasn't he got a Lhasa called Louis as well ?
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Well I hope for the dogs sake he was joking! Even so I don't believe it's something that should be joked about even in jest. There are far too many irresponsible dogowners out there as it is without someone in the public eye letting them believe it's an ok thing to happen.

That said I know Paul does an awful lot of good work for rescue dogs and he gets the centres great publicity so I'm not attacking him. I just believe someone in the public eye needs to be extra careful what they say. Most intelligent humans out there may know he's having a laugh but a good few wont and will think it's an ok thing to do.
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by jake
Paul O' Grady has announced his 8 month old rescue dog Olga is pregnant from his entire male dog Buster. Sureley he knew that a dog in heat living with an entire male would mate?

Do you think this was irresponsible? Or do you take the view accidents will happen?
there we go again jumping to conclusions he said might he had kept them seperate and he said he saw them come in with a smile on there face he didnt see it and i think he was making a joke of it
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by staffer
there we go again jumping to conclusions he said might he had kept them seperate and he said he saw them come in with a smile on there face he didnt see it and i think he was making a joke of it
It's not a very funny joke to make about a young rescue dog.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Staffer: there we go again jumping to conclusions he said might he had kept them seperate and he said he saw them come in with a smile on there face he didnt see it and i think he was making a joke of it
What is there we go again jumping to conclusions supposed to mean? I did not watch the programme my mother did. Paul STATED to Brian Blessed "I think that Olga IS pregnant" Joke or no joke Staffer you and I obviously have a different sense of humour it is under no circumstances funny to make joke's like this. If you believe it is I suggest you spend some time working in a rescue centre
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by inneedofhelp
i dont kno who paul ogrady is, i dont watch much tv
but jus like to say that putting knickers on a bitch in season will not stop a dog from tying with her. just a thought anyway
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-11-2005, 11:27 AM
If it is a joke so what? I mean thats what Paul O Grady does tell funny stories and joke. If it is a joke and your offended well dont bother watching him. Everday he makes innuendoes about many things. If I hear a joke about blondes I dont take the huff and Im sure when gay people hear a good joke involving gay most dont get upset.

If its true and Olga is pregnant, well even the best of us can have mistakes with dogs. It doesnt mean hes a bad owner. If its true well im sure he will deal with it in a responsible manner. ITS TV FOR GODSAKE its how he makes his money being funny and flippant.
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »