Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 12:05 PM

Twice in 3 days....

Argh! I thought now Max had grown up a bit, people would recognise him for a Boxer... wrong!

On Sunday we were working in the field, and Max squeezed through the hedge into next doors garden (whoops!)

The old guy next door made a bit of a fuss of him whilst I went to get him:

He said: "So, what kind of dog is he"
Me: "A Boxer, he's 7 mths old"
Man: "No, that's not a Boxer, they don't have tails"
Me: "Yes, he's a Boxer, we haven't had him docked"
Man: "No love, someone's taken you for a ride, that's a mongrel, maybe a mastiff cross"
Me: "Um...whatever...bye"

Then this morning I was walking Max on the sea front path and a couple were walking a very cute westie, when they saw us coming (Max on a lead) they pulled into the side of the path and picked up their dog. I could quite clearly hear them say that "all big nasty dogs should have to be muzzled by law"...
I carried on walking past and said "Morning!" (cos I'm a polite kind of gal) and the man said, "Nice Rottweiler" and I said "He's a Boxer" and the man said "You ought to have a muzzle on him"

I just walked off...

I think the press/media has a lot to answer for when a Boxer gets "mistaken" for a Rottie!
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 12:11 PM
media induce idiocy
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Blimey, they're gonna have the chihuahua muzzled next
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 12:16 PM
oh no wolfie its cute when they do that (*drips with sarcasm - sorry small dog owners just a minority attitude i know *)
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by mutthouse View Post
oh no wolfie its cute when they do that (*drips with sarcasm - sorry small dog owners just a minority attitude i know *)

I totally agree
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Cos, at 7mths old, Max obviously looks like a highly dangerous, trained-guard-dog rottweiler...

Mind you, he did a very good job of guarding us last night when some leaves blew into the garden and he ran round barking at them.... dangerous, them leaves....

I should maybe have asked her to move her Westie away, as they scare me?
LongDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2006, 12:35 PM
We live near a secondary School, and when I used to take Kaspar our Boxer out the kids would sooner walk in the gutter than pass us on the pavement - one even shrieked and made a big thing about crossing the road! (Think the idiot was showing off in front of his mates)

We sadly lost Kaspar and now have two cute little miniature Dachshunds. When I take them out people want to fuss them and talk to us - however the long haired dog barks at strangers and the wire haired still mouths when excited.

Big dogs will always be treated with suspicion - but even little dogs have sharp teeth.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2006, 01:36 PM
I have dogmatics on my 2 and someone commented to me the other day 'I see you've got them muzzled....'
The only thing anybody would run the risk of is being licked to death!!!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Then this morning I was walking Max on the sea front path and a couple were walking a very cute westie, when they saw us coming (Max on a lead) they pulled into the side of the path and picked up their dog. I could quite clearly hear them say that "all big nasty dogs should have to be muzzled by law"...
I carried on walking past and said "Morning!" (cos I'm a polite kind of gal) and the man said, "Nice Rottweiler" and I said "He's a Boxer" and the man said "You ought to have a muzzle on him"

I just walked off...

I think the press/media has a lot to answer for when a Boxer gets "mistaken" for a Rottie!
Think it's him that needs the muzzle.... and I'd have told him that too..
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Poor Max

I had someone say that Finn was a lovely dalmatian no one ever believes he is a boxer.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >