Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Your opinion Heather. Have you ever tried one? THEY DO NOT HURT - and I am the biggest wimp out!! They are uncomfortable agreed, and certainly cause a dog to jump - they have no idea where this jolting sensation is coming from!!

I would never use an e collar except in extremis, and I personally believe a dog running on a road or away across the fields is in extremis.

We now have a dog who doesn't run off, and is still the same loveable Ben but more so. I really cannot see a problem with this.
Do you honestly believe what you have written you say THEY DO NOT HURT, so please explain why they are being banned?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Could you just drop the jealousy thing and ADMIT that we have done fantastically well with Ben is such a short period of time. Assuming you believe me of course, which I doubt
ahahahahaa! YOU havent done anything..You stuck a collar on him and be done with it! If you had bothers no such collar would have entered your house.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
They need to run, to chase each other, to chase rabbits, and squirrels in the woods.

No rabbits and squirrels need to be chased, and if you allow your dogs to chase them then I am afraid you are being cruel by a) subjecting these animals to distress and b) keeping your dog's prey drive up!

To condemn a lovely dog like mine to a life on the lead would be cruelty in the extreme.

Ah so all the responsible husky and malamute owners who DO keep their dogs on the lead for their own safety and that of others are being extremely cruel?

Interesting views.

Why do your dogs need 4 hours exercise every day?
IMO yes. It is my opinion, and I am entitled to it.

Do you get upset when cats stalk and kill birds and mice?

You are talking an absolute load of bunkum. What do you think dogs are? Fluffy wuffy ickle wickle bunny wabbits? Round here, squirrels and rabbits are considered vermin and I have absolutely no problem in letting them chase, kill and eat them. I don't encourage them, but neither do I stop them, why should I want to? Squirrels do an enormous amount of damage and so do rabbits. Neither are an indigenous species to our islands - rabbits were introduced by the Romans, and I am not sure where the grey squirrel came from, but is not meant to be here. The red squirrel has been driven almost to instinction - not wholly by the grey squirrel admittedly - but they do not belong here and need to be controlled.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Using your "logic" Gnasher, neither huskies nor malamutes are indigenous species either, so should we consider them vermin too?

In fact are YOU indigenous to the UK?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
ahahahahaa! YOU havent done anything..You stuck a collar on him and be done with it! If you had bothers no such collar would have entered your house.
What a load of tommy rot. How you can say that when you do not know me. We have consulted several behaviourists/trainers, one who actually said "unless you keep this dog on a lead the whole time, you must try an e collar, it is your last hope".

Your last sentence makes no sense, not sure what your point is.

I really am off to bed now!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Have you not written a letter to the breed clubs and the KC then expressing your disgust at the cruelty displayed by these owners and breeders?

Did you report them to the RSPCA?

In fact why did you BUY these breeds from such cruel breeders and owners?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:09 PM
What a load of tommy rot. How you can say that when you do not know me. We have consulted several behaviourists/trainers, one who actually said "unless you keep this dog on a lead the whole time, you must try an e collar, it is your last hope".

Your last sentence makes no sense, not sure what your point is.

I really am off to bed now!
I dont need to know you..Infact I am glad I dont, the actions used towards family pets gives a clear impression of a person to real animal lovers..
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:09 PM
You clearly have NO experience of wolf crosses then! Or northern breeds in general.

They have little desire to please, they are supremely intelligent, probably more intelligent than me (which admittedly is not difficult )

Could you just drop the jealousy thing and ADMIT that we have done fantastically well with Ben is such a short period of time. Assuming you believe me of course, which I doubt
LOL----I more or less live with one----remember???

Why on earth do you think anyone would be jealous of you?

I think that goes with your delusions about 'wolf crosses'.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:11 PM
It's nonsense, that's why!! If you put the time and effort in, you do NOT need to keep Sibes and Mals on the lead the whole time.

We bike with them, in the summer months, along the canals for miles and miles and miles and take them swimming. I can't run any more because of my knees and back, and although cycling is very painful, I can do it. Rigs are out, far too expensive, we are broke!!

In the winter, we can't bike along the canals because the towpaths are too muddy and often under water, so we walk them for miles every day - at least OH does, me just at weekends. It is essential that they can be let off lead, if they couldn't OH would have to spend considerably more than the 4 hours a day walking them, and they would still not get enough exercise. They need to run, to chase each other, to chase rabbits, and squirrels in the woods. To condemn a lovely dog like mine to a life on the lead would be cruelty in the extreme. For any dog IMO. Dogs should be allowed to run free off lead, in areas where it is safe of course.

Time and effort

That is why you are a joke!

rune
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:31 PM
You clearly have NO experience of wolf crosses then! Or northern breeds in general.

They have little desire to please, they are supremely intelligent, probably more intelligent than me (which admittedly is not difficult )

nor do you... but i do...

i would never be jealous of your dogs.
Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >