View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 04:18 PM

We may ahve found our second dog - fingers crossed!!

Took china to meet Sox a 9mth old collie x lab abosuletly adorable and soooo affectionate!

We let them see each other across the car park and started to walk out the entrance and down the country lane together. Sox constantly pulling to get to china and most surprisingly

China ignored him!!!

We started to walk them closer till they started sniffing each other...there were noses in private places and a few little snaps form china to tell him to back off, but no growls, no hackles up nothing!!!!

She even tolerated a smack across the head from one of his clumsy paws...he just wanted to play and she was fine with him!!

We are taking her back there tomorrow as they have an enclosure where we will let them off lead to see how they are and let them play....and then they said they could do the home check tomorrow if there enough people in and we can take him home!!

Sooo excited i just really hope they are fine together off lead!

Alex
xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 04:23 PM
AHH ALEX THAT IS FANTASTIC NEWS FINGERS CROSSED HUN IT ALL WORKS OUT AND CHINA AND SOX BECOME GREAT FRIENDS AND YOU ALL LIVE HAPPILY TOGETHER

IT ALL WORKS OUT FINE
KEEP US UPDATED
Lozzy100
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2007, 04:36 PM
AWWW hope everything goes smoothly and they both play nicely
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 04:41 PM
i hope so too, he really is adorable!! if we get him i promise piccies asap!!
bonio
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Really hope it all works out for you. Sounds very promising so far. Best wishes for tomorrow!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Sounds good, those initial first few meetings are so important. Everyone says boy/girl is the best combo. and it sounds like they'll get along OK. looking forward to some piccies.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2007, 03:29 PM
That's great news Sounds like they will be good friends Good luck with the rest of the process
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Bad News...

I tok china to the sanctuary yesterday and they played really well, they came and did the homecheck and brought sox with them as i wanted to make sure they could meet in the garden and house and make sure everything was fine before we took him, they seemed fine even in the house so they left him with us.

There were a few little snaps from china when he tried to eat from her bowl but all in all everything was going fine.
THey were walked together and all was well.
They even slept either side of me on the sofa licking each others faces every now and then.

Then a play fight turned bad... they were both trying to mount each other and claim dominence and it sprialled out of control. Me and rick intervened and i caught a slight bite on my arm from sox. I dont think he meant it i just got in the way.

We gave them a time out in separate rooms for an hour, and then i brought him back into the living room on his lead and sat on the opposite side of the livin room with him.

China had to0 be held back on the sofa by rick as she kept snarling at him.

I took him up to her and she tried to go for him. She obviously didnt like him by this point.

We returned him to the rescue this morning.

He is such a lovely boy and i am heartbroken by all this. I really got attached to him ( i know it was such a short amount of time!) they had started so well together but then passed the point of no return.

Am sat typing this in tears but i know now that we are destined to be a one dog household...

Alex
xx
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Oh goodness me , thats so sad. I read this post the other day and was waiting for the results of the home check.
I have no advice to offer I'm afraid, Big hugs to you and remember at least that if you loved him, someone else will too, so maybe he wont be in rescue too long. Small compensation I know. I'm so sorry it didnt work out.
bonio
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Really sorry to hear that. Like jackpat above I was waiting for your update and was hoping no news was good news.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >