View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2013, 10:48 AM
I doubt my little minpin will ever want to go back inside her airline kennel or her outdoor kennel having been confined in it for about 12 hours on what turned out to be a troublesome trip and a bumpy flight too.

In case it helps I can tell you what I did with my previous dog and her crate. A cavvy so very 'sensitive'. I got the crate ages before she was required to travel in it and left it in the living room and she'd go in there on a pillow so she got used to it.

Then, when we arrived in Cyprus (BA having mislaid her for 2 days!) not surprisingly she would no longer GO ANYWHERE NEAR that crate!

What I did then was to take the door off so it was open and she did eventually start using it again.

My minpin seems a lot more 'canny' and 'cautious' than my old cavvy was her 'self preservation' instinct is the strongest I've ever seen!

I am making plans to sell the airline crate and give the outdoor kennel away. I'll buy another crate for flying should I ever need one again and believe me I am not looking forward to needing to!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2