Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Here's the lovely poem:-

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep

I whined to you softly As you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times, Your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to re-assure you, That I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, As you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me"

You looked so very tired, And sank into a chair, I tried so hard to let you know, That I was standing there.

It's possible for me, To be so near you every day. To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, Then smiled, I think you knew… In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

An when the time is right for you, To cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you, And we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, There is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out…

Then come home to be with me.

I hope it gives some comfort xxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Sorry to hear about Georgia.

Best wishes to you all. X
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 07:36 PM
I am so very sorry. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Oh honey, I'm so sorry to be reading this. Dogs in our youth always leave such a large imprint on our lives and it's always heartbreaking when they go.....

x0x
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Rachael,we will all be thinking of you and your parents tomorrow ,on what will be a very difficult day.
Hope Georgia had a lovely weekend with the special people who love her.
We are all here tomorrow if you want to speak to us,as we have all felt the same pain,love from Maureen
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Am so sorry Thoughts with all of you x
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Rachael , Just to say I hope you and your parents are okay and that Georgia had a peaceful journey to Rainbow Bridge,hope she meets my Lulu there and they can be happy ,healthy collie crosses together,thinking of you and sharing your loss,love from Maureen
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by missy01 View Post
Our 16 year old family dog, who now lives with my parents is due to be put to sleep on Monday. Her kidneys have all but packed up and she can no longer take any nutrition from her food and is a bag of bones.
She is a collie X god knows what and has the best life a dog could ask for. She popped her head into our lives (literally) when she was 6 months old. A neighbour owned her but she kept on getting out so they decided they didn't want her anymore! She wandered into our garden and it was love at first sight.
My poor mum is heartbroken but knows she is doing the kindest thing. I am also devestated, that dog was my best buddy when I was a teenager and I the thing I missed the most when I grew up and moved out. I lost count of the times I cried into her fur about boys and the usual teenage stuff!

Well, good bye Georgia, I will miss you with all my heart. Thank you for making me laugh, and being a shoulder to cry on. You will never be forgotton. May you be free of pain and sleep well. I love ya girl.
So sorry about poor Georgia, I know the feeling, just been there myself. Remember she will be free of pain now meeting up with all the other doggies xxx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Here's the lovely poem:-

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep

I whined to you softly As you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times, Your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to re-assure you, That I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, As you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me"

You looked so very tired, And sank into a chair, I tried so hard to let you know, That I was standing there.

It's possible for me, To be so near you every day. To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, Then smiled, I think you knew… In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

An when the time is right for you, To cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you, And we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, There is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out…

Then come home to be with me.

I hope it gives some comfort xxxxxxx
That is so beautiful, I'll remember that xxx
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm so sorry
I lost my 15 year old lurcher 2 weeks today so I know just how you are all feeling
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2