View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Thanks again everyone for the responses! We've decided to try him on raw (coming tomorrow!) and lower the amount he's eating as he was getting quite a bit more than he needed (per the 10% rule Trouble suggested)! Fingers crossed his stomach will settle over the next week!
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2015, 05:29 PM
I tried Nature's Menu puppy cubes for my TT, as well as Basil's raw food which comes packaged in 'sausages'.

My experience with NM wasn't that great. The NM puppy cubes actually contain quite a large amount of brown rice, and my TT puppy turned her nose up at it! It also looks cooked, ie, it's brown, not red, not even dark red! As it's supposedly raw, I can only think it's been left some time after butchering/mincing before its frozen . It smells rather flat, not really 'meaty'.

The Basil's food, on the other hand, is most definitely raw, it's really red, it has visible bits of bone, offal, etc, in it. It has a distinct smell of fresh meat. It comes packaged in sausages, not quite as convenient as Nature's Menu to serve, but easier to store in the freezer. My TTs favourite is the chicken one, but she will eat all the varieties which is just as well, as you can only buy it in variety boxes. She likes a little water added to the venison and beef variety ones.

I am a newcomer to feeding raw and find a 'complete' raw food like this makes life simpler and less of a worry for me - I know she's getting the right proportions of everything she needs!

Tip: slice the Basil's into portions when the sausage is only semi-defrosted, as they can spurt when you put the knife into a fully defrosted one, particularly the chicken!

By the way, Basil's Dog Food are currently offering a free tester pack to new customers!! (I'm not affiliated with them, just a happy customer).
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2