View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 01:21 PM

My new website (and I built this one myself!)

I've been busy building my very own website for my little holiday caravan in East Sussex, and here it is, I'd appreciate your comments both good and bad please if you feel inclined! I can't believe I've had almost 1,000 hits on it already but I think that's thanks to Lynne who put it up on lots of rescue sites for me, so thanks Lynne

Anyhoo, although I've got another 34 pages available I don't think I'll be using them, coz I don't want to bore them all to death like I do on here lol!

http://www.simplesite.com/dogsforesthols

(to whoever is moderating: The Dogsey link is on the "Location" page at the bottom!) The other link there is a link to all other dog friendly holidays all over the country, no forum!)
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Looks fab My one itty bitty constructive criticism would be the font - the one on the main text area of each page, it's quite bold and not easy to read, and it's very small on the "Things we provide" page - OH is always jealous of my good eyesight but even I'm struggling to read it without manually resizing it! The size on the "The Location" page is a lot easier but I still think the font isn't the best for large pieces of text, I would go for something that isn't bold. My preference would be something like Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, etc.
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Well done. Its a lovely website. We also got a static caravan at the weekend. I had no idea. It was a massive suprise. Can't wait to see inside it. It looks very like yours from the outside
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Ooooh thanks for that Krlry, I'll go and have a play with those texts you've suggested there. I did find when actually doing the pages, when I viewed it under "edit" it always looked different so I kept changing it. Plus of course, I did each page days apart and I'd forgotten what I used lol! I'll have to go and alter them so that they're all uniform I think (being a Virgo, I can't understand how I didn't do that in the first place!!!)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by abbie View Post
Well done. Its a lovely website. We also got a static caravan at the weekend. I had no idea. It was a massive suprise. Can't wait to see inside it. It looks very like yours from the outside
Thank you - it's my first attempt, so it needs a bit of "tweaking" here and there

Oh you'll love yours, they are really cute I could live in mine, but unfortunately the Park is only open 10 months of the year so we can't! Mine's a Delta Santana if that's any help if yours looks the same? Is yours sited or are you finding a park and a pitch?
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thank you - it's my first attempt, so it needs a bit of "tweaking" here and there

Oh you'll love yours, they are really cute I could live in mine, but unfortunately the Park is only open 10 months of the year so we can't! Mine's a Delta Santana if that's any help if yours looks the same? Is yours sited or are you finding a park and a pitch?
Thanks Helena. I am not sure what make ours is. It is on a site that we go to most weekends. We train there. It is 3 hours from home and we have been staying in our touring caravan but it is very cramped and the dogs have to sleep in the van.

Our friends also have a static there and I was sat with them on Saturday night. My OH dissapeared off and came back to tell us we have a static

The owners had left by then so I didn't get to see inside, but it is lovely on the outside
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Looking good! Definately show bf this later, after bf finishes his degree in May we could take a trip down there

Internets beign slow, so taking ages to load but a few more ideas for you, sorry if you done them already:

Maybe you could add a few more pictures of the surrounding area? or attractions and add them to your location page... I know when I look at place, pictures "make it or break it" so to speak.

Maybe add a page for good places to eat and drink?

Dog friendly places to walk page?
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Great website, I too had to look hard to see some of the really small font, but I have just been speaking with dh and it looks great, maybe 2012, as we have a hol booked for this year!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 01:56 PM
It's lovely! Full of enthusiasm, just like you! You've supplied so much for people's dogs, bless you!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
My preference would be something like Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, etc.
Tahoma is my all time favorite, Verdona and Aerial are OK but there are a lot of silly and difficult to read ones out there.

Helena, it's ten minutes to 'walkies' time so I'll have a look tonight and maybe PM you with my thoughts. Have just been talking about web sites on another thread so we'd better get this one right but I must say I thought your previous effort was pretty good and better than some pro' sites that one sees.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >