View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2008, 04:42 AM
when my border terrier died she was cremated it cost me 90 pounds ti have her done on her own a lovely box and her name on a plaque.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:19 AM
I think even if they can't afford to have the individual cremation and the ashes returned they will still have to pay something towards the cremation. My friend had to pay about £30 for her rabbit to be cremated and she didn't want it back.

You are very kind to help them out.

Heidi
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:37 AM
When I had tpo take my friends rabbit to be PTS there was a charge for them to dispose of the body. I think it was about £12. We did not receive any ashes.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Thank you all very much for your input
and i am sorry if it made anyone sad

i have been thinking about this all night and not slept much and i am gonna offer them the money to get Jake cremated as i know how i would feel if it was my dog and i did not have the money
at the end of the day it is only money and once it is done they could never ever get his ashes back if they did not have the money

thank you all and please spare a thought for Jake today, the gentle giant
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 08:04 AM
So sorry about poor Jake What a gorgeous dog.... I had to pay £20 for my last rabbit to be euthanised and cremated and we didn't have his ashes.... I was asked if I wanted to bring his body home to bury... said no, something I regret now Think your friends are lucky to have you hun... will think of Jake today and pray he makes a safe peaceful journey to the Bridge
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Thank you Settagirl
i am sat here crying at the thought of losing Jake, i have known him for 5 years and he is such a lovely dog
did not deserve this at all, but i will be with him to the end and it is only money
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Poor Jake and how sad for you and your friend

Thinking of you all today.

What a kind offer for you to make . They are lucky to have such a nice friend as you.x
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 08:42 AM
thinking of you all at this sad time......I had Merlin cremated and have him in a lovely casket, with a plaque on it. Its reassuring to know that he was handled with dignity in his death.....It cost i think about £100 that was nealy 6 years ago.

Hugs to you and Jakes family

Mel xxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Thinking of you all today. Have a safe and peaceful trip over to the Bridge, Jake. What a beautiful dog.

xxx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 11:55 AM
when samantha was pts - we had her cremated - on her own - which was about £150

that included vets fees etc

imo that for us was the best thing to do,, we have her ashes on our window ledge in the hall 'keeping an eye' on millie!! its a nice way to know shes still part fo our family - always will be,, as well as tuscan (horse) whos ashes i chose not to have,, always with me in spirit
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >