View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2014, 02:12 PM
I was sure that I had replied to your thread yesterday TW. Obviously not, I must have been worse than I thought

Anyway fabulous pics, I love them all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2014, 02:24 PM
i use a double ended training lead too, i like them as you can vary the length of the lead for the circumstances you are in, i have got a horses lunge line and i have had her on it before but i tend to hold the end of the line as she is quicker than me and as i walk with crutches i can't try to run and grab the end before she bolts.
i might let the harness out a tiny bit then and see how we go on, to be honest it is a little loose around her middle but if i wnet for the smaller size it looked tiny and ridiculous on her Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2014, 03:55 PM
I keep forgetting that my girls are a heck of a lot taller than most people's dogs and come up past my knees and are easier to grab by the handle on the Julius and of course you would become a cropper, on crutches trying to grab the line!!!
Nippy, I can always send them over to you for a beach holiday, harness them to Tango and you would be zipping along that beach in fine style
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2014, 03:57 PM
I am never, ever, EVER going to use a lunge line again after what it did to me fanks!!!! I thought it was a good idea many years ago so that my dogs were actually onlead when needed, and yet could trot on ahead or have a sniff about, so my lungeline was cut in half. It actually lasted me six years, it was a thick, posh one too, not the white thin one, but it's now been put in the bin, I never want to see it again. I want a normal length lead, which has a big handle and is comfy, and I want Zena by my side all the time she's onlead now, with no slack in it either, cos it was when she took up that slack on the lungeline is when it smashed my finger to bits. Funny how that never, ever happened with half a ton of horse on the end of it isn't it, when he could do a few party tricks himself
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Lovely photos June - the girls are all looking stunning!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2014, 04:04 PM
I've got the line coiled in my hand mostly Helena, or I leave it to trail if I just want to be able to haul them in if needs be.
With Mabs its a sort of balance between letting her walk free, as she is excellent can't fault her, and then getting into problems trying to put her back onlead, or just clipping a line to the harness and picking the line up as we're walking along the tow path, she is fine with that, I need to move onto the next stage which is just getting the handle but she's sussed that one out and evades it, so the line is there and is doing its job. I have no idea why she is like this, can understand why Dakota can be iffy, she's had an horrendous time. I delivered Mabs and she has always been here, never met up with this sort of thing before, then again i've never ever had a dog that wouldn't go to training without making it look like she was going to her own execution Nothing has happened whatsoever to make her like this
I agree Helena, all the high jinks that go on when you're lunging and long reining half a ton of horse, and you are unscathed, until a cat runs across the garden and you near lose your finger
Hughesey83
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Amazing pics! Real life wolf pack! Horatios doggy mummy really does look like she's smiling!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks Graham, and I see Horatio has his mummy's smile, looking at the piccies you've put up of him today
Wonder what Kate would say about the pack of 'wolves'
mmmmmm
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-07-2014, 07:39 AM
Absolutely gorgeous pictures! I love seeing dogs in rivers, they always have so much fun

Helena: that happened to me at my first attempt of tracking with Ella. She bolted when my boyfriend disappeared behind a bush and I wasn't prepared, the long line slipped through my finger and instead of letting go, I tried to hold her back and got a 2nd degree burn on my finger
Now I just hold it differently (like a horse's rein in my right hand and the loop at the end of the lead is wrapped around my left hand for extra security)
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Love the pics of your girls, they look so happy
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >