Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 08:04 AM

Rehoming Update

Just a few words to put everyone in the picture, you've all been so kind to me and I really appreciate the support you've shown me, not one nasty word has been spoken about me, that really helps as this has got to be the worst thing that has ever happened to me and my babies...so thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Gracie and Tawny (Pointer) were at Jills anyway and she asked if she could keep them and I agreed, they have both been speyed too so thats less to worry about.

Bailey was bred by Jill and she came and collected him last weekend...oh how I sobbed, he is 11 years old and is such a special boy..I miss his grinning when I get up in the morning and when I get home from work, he would lean against me and we would have big hugs too, bless him. Jill still has his litter brother and sister so he won't be lonely, plus he already knows Gracie and Tawny.

Alfie went to Junes last week..I miss him too, he is very vocal and had big cuddles every night, infact, whenever I sat down to watch tv he was straight on my lap, no-one else got a look in lol. The only consolation is that I don't have to worry about him and Fabian having a go at each other now...Fabey seems a lot happier with him out of the way too.

Bradley, as you know is going to live with his litter brothers in Sussex next month...I'm not even going to talk about hs departure as it chokes me to think about it.

Fabian is coming with me to Clives...I am then going to work for Clive at his unit so that he can spend more time out working (he's a locksmith and has to be at the unit during the mornings for key cutting and selling safes etc., then goes out to do surveys, emergency stuff in the afternoon and evenngs). I will be able to take Fabey with me so he won't be left alone in a strange house...I didn't want that to happen to him, he can come to work with me each day.

Ebony is going to Junes until I either find a suitable home for her or can have her back.

Giddy is coming with me to Wales next week to see a possible new home, it sounds lovely and he will be part of the family, they have an 8 year old rescue and an 18 month old bitch so he should be in his element. Apparently the rescue won't play with the youngster so they are hoping that Giddy will be her new best friend...I'm sure he will be happy to oblige. Crikey, I don't know how I'm going to survive the 500 mile round trip when I won't be able to see where I'm going, but I have to remember it will be another wonderful home for another of my babies.

This leaves my two oldies...Tyler and Remy (10 and nearly 10), and Leon (nearly 8 years) to find homes for...if I can find foster homes for them then I would prefer it but beggars can't be choosers. I have contacted English Setter Rescue now to ask for their help, one of their co-ordinators had rung me the other week but I was determined not to use rescue if I could help it, I don't like to be a burden to anyone and I wanted to know where my dogs were going, but time is running out now.

Once the doggies have been placed then I shall leave here and move into Clives, the house can then be put into the hands of an estate agents and they can deal with people coming around etc. I shall get my friend Nikki to come round and tidy up from time to time, switch lights on and off to make it look lived in. Once the cottage is sold I can buy something in Northampton and have any of my babies back that are available to come back...thats my goal to aim for and what keeps me afloat...and my future with Clive, of course.

So thanks again everyone. xxx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Good luck - and let us know how it goes. xx
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 08:53 AM
What an awful situation for you. I can't imagine how hard it is. But look to the future and hopefully you will find the perfect place that's right for all of you. xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Sheree (((Hugs))).XXX.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 09:20 AM
awww hun, i really feel for you....can you only take the one dog to clive's?
it must be so gut wrenching, i cant imagine....
all our thoughts are with you...

alex
xx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Darling Sheree - I wish I could help out but don't know if the younger boys will take to an older dog coming in - they have all accepted the youngsters but they come in bottom of the pack - whilst I don't really emphasise the pack too much it does work out that way.

I would so love to help you out - sadly I don't know of anyone looking at the moment either.

Best wishes to you - so hard for you to do this but I know you are putting the dogs first
xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Aww, sweetie, this is such a tough time for you, fingers crossed that your cottage sells and you find somewhere else quickly so that you can soon be reinunited with at least some of your gang.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Massive hugs to you Sheree. I know your heart is breaking. I'm not much help as I dissolve into floods every time you post - what a pleb.
Hope everyone gets re-settled in plenty of time.
x0x0x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Aww thanks everyone, just snuck on from work as the boss is out today, just as well cos I'm crying my eyes out again, you are all so lovely and kind.

Clive only has a small two up two down place, which is already full to the brim of his and his sons stuff, to bring my stuff and a dog is going to be stretching it as it is, I feel very lucky that he has allowed me to have one with me, just shows what a lovely guy he is, but how difficult to choose which one to take with me.

Fabian is coming up 5 so will hopefully be around a while yet, he has never been destructive, which is unusual for a setter, his only trait is that he is gobby at times. I could also show him again if I wanted to go down that route. I had to think of Clives home and couldn't take one that would dig his garden up or chew his property. My oldies don't like going for walks these days so it makes sense to take Fabey, Clive is quite excited about going out for walks with a dog...I thought it would be easier to find homes for the younger ones too.

xxx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Just replied to you on Lorna's thread Sheree, thinking of you and the dogs. x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >