Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2016, 06:59 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, July 30th

Good morning all. Not so warm here this morning, Steve keeps leaving the patio door open, alright for him if he is warm enough. Must get Amber out for her walk and then maybe go back to bed to get warm.

Lynn, sorry to hear Gill is not so good, trouble is she has no immunity I guess.

LG, glad your improving slowly now no going backwards.

Must get my medication down me. Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-07-2016, 07:40 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow.
Moyra - I've no intention of going backwards, but there are some things in this life over which we have no control (or very little) and my current affliction is one of them. I'll be fine as long as I don't get any infections or ailments, which would cause my function rate to plummet again. I don't have much contact with the great unwashed and will certainly try and keep it that way, and so avoid the picking up of unwanted lurgies! lol ! Do hope that you are on the improve too and if you aren't then get onto your Doctor and mither the hell out of them until they give you the requisite assistance.
I have nothing at all booked for the weekend and intend to spend it in the company of my animals and the Mem, of course, doing very little and applying myself to the pursuit of idleness.
What is it the song says " I'm busy doing nothing, working the whole day through. Trying to find lots of things not to do!" Well that about sums my weekend up.
Weather much brighter here this morning, signs of blue sky fighting it's way through and the overnight drizzle seems to have dissipated.
Have a good day every one and as always, bye fer now!
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-07-2016, 08:08 AM
Good morning Moyra LG and all to come
Hope you manage to warm up Moyra
LG enjoy your doing nothing day with the mem & dingo's
Hope everyone else's plans come to fruition the weathers kind all those sick and ailing get better soon human and furry's have a great day what ever ones up to
Muppets walked the plan for today cut the grass and hedge though it's looking iffy weather wise now
Nothing else on the cards so all good in the Muppet household till Monday till the oh returns
Right better get cracking while the weather holds
Take care stay safe xxxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2016, 08:22 AM
Good morning all.
Moyra, you had better dig out the winter woolies, or maybe you never put them away!
Lg take care, I will try not to sneeze over you! Nice so far here too. Problem is, dare I say we desperately need some rain,
Morning Norma, hope you have a good weekend.
I have signed up for British Gas Free Time. Which means I get free electricity on a Saturday. So everything that takes electricity has been saved for today where poss. The washing machine will be not stop today and what doesnt dry on the line will go in the tumbler
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.
Hope you feel better soon Moyra I'm with the others have a chat to the doc.
LG glad your nephs are doing well and long may it continue. Glad also you are taking things easy.
Sounds a busy day Norma.
Nippy Jen enjoy your free leccie day.

We are off out in a bit to look at yet more cars and do some shopping and pick Gorden's car up which now has the one job done to get it through its mot. We were very pleased with it.
The guy has replied over the footpath debacle claiming things have been vandalised and the dog pooh is an issue. Yawn. Will ignore him and continue my pursuit of the local county council. He compared it to someone coming into our back garden kicking our dog and leaving fag butts all over the place. No answer to that really is there ? We could have brought a property with a shared footpath across the middle or down the side but value our privacy as he says he does so as nice as they were decided not to for those reasons not the vandalism that's nonsense or the fag butts issues think that's nonsense too but we value our privacy.
I am thinking someone has declared they are fighting it and it's and shown themselves and he is now on the back foot.

Enjoy your day everyone and hope all are well and four legged friends are too.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2016, 10:32 AM
Morning peeps and all to follow. The morning is flying by so just about caught you all. Pleased to hear you are having a nothing day Gordonmac. What do you like to be called? LG or Gordon or Gordonmac or something else? lol!! Norma loved the pics of your non pointers. Why is that being said? June hope Zen is behaving herself a little bit more. Try the brain games that I sent Norma. Lynn hope you find a suitable car soon. Nippy we have just had a downpour so will send it your way. Shame because daughter Sara was planning a bbq today for some of her friends. Never mind she will have to have it indoors if it doesn't clear up. Moyra I still say you must go back to the doctors. Off now to poke around in the freezer to see what to have for lunch. Not used to this cooking on a Saturday.bfn. Wheres griff?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Afternoon all
LG, proper chuffed that it seems you will be o.k...i am with you, i try to avoid the lurgies at all costs as i never know if it will finish me off Lol
Moyra, get yourself back to the Drs please, if you aren't right it is their job to make you right or at least attempt it
Lynn, sorry to hear Gill isn't doing so great but i am glad she managed the day out, there are days where i struggle but i do make myself do stuff
Norma, lovely to see you and great to hear Mr Fritz will be returning to work
Brenda, i am here!!!!!! i just get a bit side tracked with stuff some times Lol
Losos, pleased to hear Lara is doing well
Mandy, huge congrats on your weight loss
TW, i have some comfrey cream for my dogs but it is easier for me as they are short coated
Busy helping my dad with the bathroom tiling...this involves me sitting on the loo passing him the pen and tape measure...nothing to strenuous...good job as i am absolutely exhausted... seriously tired. Hmmm about the cat, well to be honest if he isn't looking after her thn she deseres to be taken off him, the copper was saying his flat stank and he wouldn't set one foot in there, the cat is semi feral i think and the only place suitable for her would be a stables or farm where she could just be left to her own devices and handled minimally, as to wether the rspca will go to the lengths to find someone to take her i don't know, i will be sad if she ends up pts but he really doesn't deserve her if he won't look after her properly. I was also furious to find he has been going to a food bank, he has more money than me, gets free bus travel, and spends all his cash on booze...yet there he is taking help meant for people in utter need....scum
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Afternoon all
Moyra hope you've warned up by now do take care of yourself
Nippy smart lady making use if the free Leccie
LG hope your still enjoying your leisurely day
Lynn hoping the new car hunt goes successfuly today
Griff do please take things easy no overdoing things
Mandy very well done on the weight loss you must be very dedicated I never stick to a diet for any length of time
Brenda I very stupidly (should have known better) got involved with the obnoxious ignorant child on another thread who according to her I don't own any dogs they only exist in my imagination
No TW do hope she's ok
Grass cut & also hedge not too straight out &in like a fiddlers elbow it'll just have to do oh can straighten it up
Cup coffee then find somthing else to do out side as its turned out better weather wise
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-07-2016, 01:25 PM
Free leckie in deepest Devon - great! Bet the local power station has had to go on overtime.
Seems Norma didn't study Topiary at Horticultural college then! lol !
Griff have a nice time sitting on the loo!!!!!
Lynn - think you may need a holiday away from all the stress you seem to be "enjoying" of late, up here, primitive though it sounds, such disputes are usually settled by going round there and punching their lights out! There again we are Oooop North and consequentially barbaric.
Brenda - I genuinely don't care what people call me - take your pick! Although it has to be said that I have been called some terrible things over the years, but it is a bit like water off a duck's back!
June - haven't seen you on here today, hope all is well and Zen has recovered from her slight relapse. Bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Popped on this morning for a read, but got engrossed in or rather with (chance would be the fine thing) Sean Bean, then girls were giving questioning barks, as to WHY they hadn't been for a walk. Surely they know its Saturday, therefore Sean gets the morning, after they have their brekkies of course, and are tidied up. Everyone had a walk now. Zen on a lunge line, gave her a bit more of it today, she was rolling over and then going for a sniff round, then back for a roll, gave her a bit of a do over, she's still jumpy around the back end, not limping today, well slightly I suppose, but almost unnoticeable. She has a lovely movement, hoping all this hasn't wrecked her skeletal development thats all. Mabs had a roll in horse poo, just after I'd given her a going over and got the hair out, Kesh was dragging me all over the place in her eagerness to join Mabs, but I got her away from it, much to her dismay.
Having a butty and a brew, was going to move stuff in the yard so I could get to some of the wall to paint it, but decided having an easy day, probably have a siesta I think, and see how I feel tomorrow.
Best of luck with the car viewings Lynn, hoping today is YOUR day.
Sorry to hear about the cat, Griff. So sad, the RSPCA is more a political organisation these days, not about animals unless the TV is there of course.
LG, that is brilliant about your results, just keep going, one day at a time, one foot in front of another, and relax, you've had all the running about you need over the years, take it easy
Norma, glad to hear your imaginary dogs have been out and enjoyed themselves, so glad Mr Fritz is fully recovered, he must hate his Dad going off without him, much sulking and face pulling I expect (and thats only his Dad)
Nippy, I'll pop the washing over then
Moyra, I too think you need to get back to the doctors, obviously you're still anaemic if you feel so cold, nights are really warm up here, must be warmer Darn Sarf
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >