Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 10:31 PM

Identification

Okay I need help. My two girls Sal and Tess now look so alike according to the family that my Mom and Dad who look after them while I am at work cannot tell the diffrence in them now Neither I have discovered can my OH Ben . Honestly they can't so they call Tess and Tess is already there and its Sal. We had a slight mishap with Collars about 6 weeks ago so I will not let them wear a collar in the house now they were playing and Sal got Tess's collar twisted around her botton jaw/tooth and Tess was almost choked to death - her nose started to bleed and Sal almost lost her tooth. It scares me still now very much
So collars are out of the question. So how do I distinguish between them? how to people identify identical pups in a litter? I am open to idea's suggestions, on an easy way to tell the difference.

I think they look totaly different, face, head, ears, expression, build, everything, but I seem to be the only one . HELP please

Karen
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-04-2005, 11:36 PM
That's a curly one Kazz Perhaps doggy nailpolish on one or two toes?

With puppies, one breeder I know puts different coloured tape around their necks. Another cuts a bit of fur off in different places (don't suppose you would want to shave a distinguishing mark on yours ). Another uses nailpolish.

I totally agree with you about the collars - can be very dangerous indeed. Perhaps those who cannot tell the difference between them could just call both names in one breath, bound to get it right that way
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Im surprised OH cant tell
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 11:40 PM
How old are they? if they are very small pups you could always use the snaping cat collars? this is what I used on my pups til they got too big for them.or you could try light -weight harnesses, that dont have to be removed, just a thought.

Mo
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Kazz the only think I can think of is to but a blob of something harmless on one ot them ..like nail polish on one nail..or how about an elasticised collar for one of them similar to the ones cats wear..I never have never had a problem telling dogs or litters of puppies apart your eye gets used to it.

Sorry Mo and SB....all had the same ideas and posted together
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Once again Mini great minds

Mo
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 11:48 PM
when i had Graces litter here (the 1 she was in) there where 2 would could not tell appart so i clipped a bit of hair off 1 leg.
my OH often tells 1 of the dogs to get down off the wall, then he has a go at me cos they dont listion to him, then i get up to have a look and where he has tolded Tara to get down its Grace up there so its not just your OH that is having trouble
leilah
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2005, 12:08 AM
haive you tried tail paint, its totally harmless and is available from any vets that treat large animals
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Missed this!

My idea would be a nice scarlet nail polish for one of them. Got that idea when we chose our Siamese....very similar l,oking kitties but the breeder got out the nail polish.......
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2005, 07:52 PM
alot of breeders i know use cat collars in different colours
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >