Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-03-2010, 08:03 AM

Paranoia destroys

Wifes one time school friend has for sometime been showing signs of paranoia and wanting to be the sole centre of attention in everything she does. Could be her kids (always ill) or her doggy or her husband (never paying her attention -prefers his mates company socially), she is the talk of the village and everyone knows her as the local nutter. Dont get me wrong but she is so charming at first but boy oh boy she has some weird sense of being and well to cut a long story short, her partner (my friend ) took her to see the GP as she was becoming so paranoid that she was trawling the net to see who was talking about her (think we all have better things to do ) and ranting at home, frightening the children etc . ringing anyone she knew and saying some ridiculous things, These then called Bobby (her partner ) who made her attend GP, she is diagnosed as being paranoid and will be attending our hospital to see a shrink. Hope they as a family can get sorted out as its having some real issues in the village and all we want is to see that they enjoy life without the needs to be so self destructive.
Roll on Bobby here for you mate.
Can anyone offer advice , dont want to tread on eggshells when we see her and him .
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Your friend needs to make sure this is followed up. Sometimes the mental health services are under-resourced and you need to chase them (don`t know what it`s like in your area).
I assume she`ll be assessed by a professional and her partner has the right to speak to the consultant, and the team treating her.
I`d say the best thing you can do is support her family (emotionally I mean). It can be very hard on people around the patient.
This is an illness, that`s all. It needs to be treated.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by GUISEPPE View Post
Wifes one time school friend has for sometime been showing signs of paranoia and wanting to be the sole centre of attention in everything she does. Could be her kids (always ill) or her doggy or her husband (never paying her attention -prefers his mates company socially), she is the talk of the village and everyone knows her as the local nutter. Dont get me wrong but she is so charming at first but boy oh boy she has some weird sense of being and well to cut a long story short, her partner (my friend ) took her to see the GP as she was becoming so paranoid that she was trawling the net to see who was talking about her (think we all have better things to do ) and ranting at home, frightening the children etc . ringing anyone she knew and saying some ridiculous things, These then called Bobby (her partner ) who made her attend GP, she is diagnosed as being paranoid and will be attending our hospital to see a shrink. Hope they as a family can get sorted out as its having some real issues in the village and all we want is to see that they enjoy life without the needs to be so self destructive.
Roll on Bobby here for you mate.
Can anyone offer advice , dont want to tread on eggshells when we see her and him .
Maybe the person you are talking about is not so paranoid after all because you are actually talking about her in spite of saying you have better things to do let's hope she doesn't read this.

Many people go through a rough patch at some time in their lives, it may be health related or some other problem and the best thing their friends can do at these times is to be supportive to the person and their family by giving them someone to talk .

Talking of people saying strange things, I thought you were in Afghanistan Guiseppe didn't you say you were going in previous posts?
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-03-2010, 12:49 PM
No I was being posted but have not yet had my date .

and Minihaha I did not say it was my friend I said it was the wifes, Robert is my friend and in case you havent noticed its him and I feel sorry for because when we talk he cries.Oh Mini when I do go I hope to get some parcels from you by the way, it is FREE at your local Post office under 2kg my own personal likes are suncreams, mags,DVDs of old films etc.

and I asked for advice not scorn.Claire thanks this is what we are all trying to do but it is very hard indeed.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-03-2010, 01:32 PM
I agree with Mini - it certainly doesn't come across as though you are genuinely concerned, more like you're having a pop, perhaps in the hope she'll read this?

Is there any chance this person is a member here, or someone who is highly likely (ie a dog owner who uses the web, especially dog websites) to come across your thread? If the latter I rest my case, if the former consider yourself banned.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Maybe the person you are talking about is not so paranoid after all because you are actually talking about her in spite of saying you have better things to do let's hope she doesn't read this.

Many people go through a rough patch at some time in their lives, it may be health related or some other problem and the best thing their friends can do at these times is to be supportive to the person and their family by giving them someone to talk .

Talking of people saying strange things, I thought you were in Afghanistan Guiseppe didn't you say you were going in previous posts?
No I was being posted but have not yet had my date .
and Minihaha I did not say it was my friend I said it was the wifes, Robert is my friend and in case you havent noticed its him and I feel sorry for because when we talk he cries.Oh Mini when I do go I hope to get some parcels from you by the way, it is FREE at your local Post office under 2kg my own personal likes are suncreams, mags,DVDs of old films etc.

and I asked for advice not scorn.Claire thanks this is what we are all trying to do but it is very hard indeed.
Who are you serving with and what's you role? It's just see from your profile you are a grandparent.
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Dont be so silly

I am quite astonished actually.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Its possible that you have posted innocently, but I have to say that doing so when your friend and his family can be so easily identified in the post is not in your friend's best interest, nor his family.

As C&D says, it is an illness, but nevertheless one, particularly due to its nature, that the sufferer and their family may well not want broadcast.

I have spoken on here about someone close to me that suffers from mental health issues, but no-one reading my posts would be able to identify who the person is.
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-03-2010, 06:03 PM
I maybe was naive I genuinely wanted your help. We are at our wits end here , dont like to give advice when we dont know what we are doing, thought that with having so many different people here some may be mental health professionals who could actually help, maybe I was wrong with that presumption.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 06:24 PM
I maybe was naive I genuinely wanted your help. We are at our wits end here , dont like to give advice when we dont know what we are doing, thought that with having so many different people here some may be mental health professionals who could actually help, maybe I was wrong with that presumption.

It could be as Hali said that you were being genuine. But the use of language like "everyone knows her as the local nutter" isn't very helpful, is it? If I were your friend's wife reading that I may think you were simply being vindictive. If you want to be a good friend, then listen, be supportive and don't go bitching about your friend's wife on a public forum. Simples!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >