Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2012, 06:27 AM

Morning Dogsey folk - Tuesday!

Morning all,

Gone are the days when the garage servicing your car used to valet it, as a courtesy, for free.

I had to pay Honda £12.95 for the privilege, and to be honest, the Polish guys at Asda do a better job.

Going to an off-site meeting this morning, then into the office for the afternoon.

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
Teamwork is essential – it allows you to blame someone else.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2012, 06:41 AM
Good morning V and all..
I told Honda if they got the dogs hairs out the boot of my car i would pay for the extra valet .
they said yes and i bet you they regretted it ..lol.
I was told they still do a basic valet for free btw..

Today i will be mostly building Ikea flatpack for my niece...
Be safe...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2012, 06:47 AM
Morning Vicki, Murf and everyone

Had you taken it to Dave's gaff, he would have cleaned it for you as part of the service, with one of those clean plastic covers on the seats too, but then he's of the old school.

The lady who bought my beds on Saturday now wants to come and look at the wardrobe and chests again, but just like before with the beds, I told her I have a couple coming on Thursday - bit like buses these furniture buyers! So, hopefully, that will make her mind up for her today and she'll give me a deposit and that'll be gone too ready for our move. Not a lot else left to go now, except my mountain bike coz Dave got me a newer one last week.

Popped into my agents yesterday and all is well, they said our buyers have gone away for a couple of days to de-stress, but they did ring before they went asking if everything was alright coz they are more worried about ME changing my mind, so I told them to confirm that I cannot wait to get away and into MY new house Surveyor went yesterday so hopefully, might have the survey in the next day or two. Managed to stop that "mortgage" with the bank yesterday although it did take all day coz Dave couldn't get hold of her and for some very strange reason he wouldn't give me her number!!!

Zena hasn't been out yet, so that could be good news, maybe she'll produce me something relatively normal in a minute. Spoke to the vet yesterday, he said I can now go on the F4D kibble with a bit of chicken and her pro biotic powder and he said we will definitely be doing the wormer again next week no matter what. The good news is, she's still fine in herself, in fact, we had a glorious bike ride yesterday lunchtime, I was out for an hour, had to take my fleece off and ride in a short sleeved t-shirt can you believe that in March!!!

The van is almost full up now, just 3 more weeks to book, so I'm very busy multi tasking here what with the van bookings and the house sale, but I like being busy, keeps my brain alert, as long as it's all stress free of course.

Better let Zena out now then.... Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Good morning V and all..
I told Honda if they got the dogs hairs out the boot of my car i would pay for the extra valet .
they said yes and i bet you they regretted it ..lol.
I was told they still do a basic valet for free btw..

Today i will be mostly building Ikea flatpack for my niece...
Be safe...
Morning Murf

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Vicki and everyone

Had you taken it to Dave's gaff, he would have cleaned it for you as part of the service, with one of those clean plastic covers on the seats too, but then he's of the old school.

The lady who bought my beds on Saturday now wants to come and look at the wardrobe and chests again, but just like before with the beds, I told her I have a couple coming on Thursday - bit like buses these furniture buyers! So, hopefully, that will make her mind up for her today and she'll give me a deposit and that'll be gone too ready for our move. Not a lot else left to go now, except my mountain bike coz Dave got me a newer one last week.

Popped into my agents yesterday and all is well, they said our buyers have gone away for a couple of days to de-stress, but they did ring before they went asking if everything was alright coz they are more worried about ME changing my mind, so I told them to confirm that I cannot wait to get away and into MY new house Surveyor went yesterday so hopefully, might have the survey in the next day or two. Managed to stop that "mortgage" with the bank yesterday although it did take all day coz Dave couldn't get hold of her and for some very strange reason he wouldn't give me her number!!!

Zena hasn't been out yet, so that could be good news, maybe she'll produce me something relatively normal in a minute. Spoke to the vet yesterday, he said I can now go on the F4D kibble with a bit of chicken and her pro biotic powder and he said we will definitely be doing the wormer again next week no matter what. The good news is, she's still fine in herself, in fact, we had a glorious bike ride yesterday lunchtime, I was out for an hour, had to take my fleece off and ride in a short sleeved t-shirt can you believe that in March!!!

The van is almost full up now, just 3 more weeks to book, so I'm very busy multi tasking here what with the van bookings and the house sale, but I like being busy, keeps my brain alert, as long as it's all stress free of course.

Better let Zena out now then.... Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Morning Aitch
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Good morning all.

Can't see us doing a lot today and the car went to hospital (garage) yesterday on the back of an ambulance (AA vehicle) because it has a poorly gearbox part . Goodness only knows when we'll get it back. Hubby is hoping for today, but I think that's wishful thinking. Thankfully, it did wait until we got home and the car was on the drive before it broke down. Hubby was none too please through as he was getting it out again to go playing golf.

Ah well, what to do today if car isn't ready?? Nice long beach walk me thinks.

Whatever you lot are up to, have a good 'un
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2012, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

Can't see us doing a lot today and the car went to hospital (garage) yesterday on the back of an ambulance (AA vehicle) because it has a poorly gearbox part . Goodness only knows when we'll get it back. Hubby is hoping for today, but I think that's wishful thinking. Thankfully, it did wait until we got home and the car was on the drive before it broke down. Hubby was none too please through as he was getting it out again to go playing golf.

Ah well, what to do today if car isn't ready?? Nice long beach walk me thinks.

Whatever you lot are up to, have a good 'un
Morning Chris

moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2012, 07:09 AM
Morning Vicki and all

Back to work today to recover from my "relaxing" day off yesterday. I hope we will have a date for our new lady to start soon, we are leaning on the powers that be to get a move on. My colleague and I are on our knees trying to keep everything going, me with the dogs and her with her horses.

Have a good day all!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Not stopping today feel awful.

Have a good day all.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Morning Cuz xxxx

Morning All xxxx

Slept that well last night I woke feeling I'd been run over...geeeez ache and pains, better now I have been up a while, all slotted back in place

Housework today hopefully the phone will not ring as much as yesterday

Hope your feeling better soon Lynn

Have a great day folks
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
Charly is off to London today, she managed to get some more work experience with another top Law firm in London. I am so proud of her, she really is putting everything into law and her future.
I have a free 10 min appointment with the osteopath at the gym today to see if they can shed any light on my back pain and if they can treat it. Obviously I would have to pay for future appointments but if they can sort it for certain then it may be worth it.
Lynn I hope your ok, your post worried me a bit.
Have a good day everyone and avoid lifts!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >