Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 11:35 AM

Pedigree Chum Dry

Avoid if at all possible!!

Millie had another mad moment yesterday her bitting got hard almost vicious it was like a level 10 zoomie!! Pedigree is responsible as she has never had one of these moment since I changed her food to bakers. I don't know what they put in bakers but it definately makes Millie horribly hyper active. I mixed the last lot in with the bakers as I didnt want to waste any and it was like hyper overload -.-

This is one reason why im swopping to raw because I don't like how dry can change their character so badly makes me highly suspicious of what they put in cermecial food. All though ive heard bad things about bakers we have never experienced any issues with it like pedigree the wet food doesn't seem to have the same effect just the dry.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any similar reactions??
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 11:50 AM
personally id never feed bakers ever again, heard so many bad things about it, plus of course I fed flint and simba a box of it when i first brought them home as it was the only thing i could get hold of in my tiny town!

Pedigree dry seems very simular to bakers IMO..so again I wouldnt touch it with a bargepole.....also IAMS..but then again im fussy lol
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
Avoid if at all possible!!

Millie had another mad moment yesterday her bitting got hard almost vicious it was like a level 10 zoomie!! Pedigree is responsible as she has never had one of these moment since I changed her food to bakers. I don't know what they put in bakers but it definately makes Millie horribly hyper active. I mixed the last lot in with the bakers as I didnt want to waste any and it was like hyper overload -.-

This is one reason why im swopping to raw because I don't like how dry can change their character so badly makes me highly suspicious of what they put in cermecial food. All though ive heard bad things about bakers we have never experienced any issues with it like pedigree the wet food doesn't seem to have the same effect just the dry.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any similar reactions??

TBF pippam it does not sound as though your dog has changed at ALL and the food is not a major factor as you complained of this dog's behaviour ever since you brought her home.

You have had a great deal of advice on training and diet and yet have had problems over several months.

Whilst the food MAY be a factor, I cannot remember how many different foods she has been on?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Totally ignorant to blame 'dry food' for anything. It may well be certain dry foods which are not good for specific dogs. Etta nearly died on one and I have had others go hyper and silly on others but for the majority of dogs it doesn't make a huge difference IME.

rune
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
TBF pippam it does not sound as though your dog has changed at ALL and the food is not a major factor as you complained of this dog's behaviour ever since you brought her home.

You have had a great deal of advice on training and diet and yet have had problems over several months.

Whilst the food MAY be a factor, I cannot remember how many different foods she has been on?
Its definately the food!!

since feeding her bakers her behavior changed dromaticly we haven't had the issues i was having when I first had we have been doing really the last two months I can only imagine their must still have been some pedigree at the bottom of the dry food tub as I hate to waste food we were nearly out of bakers and it must have got mixed in.

She is very responsive when not hyped up on pedigree which is why I changed her food to see if it made the difference it did have a very positive change.

hence why im asking if anyone else has had similar experiences with pedigree or dry food.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Are you saying she is OK on Bakers but not on pedigree?

That would be most unusual---both I could understand.

rune
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 12:20 PM
bakers is without a doubt THE worst food I have ever stumbled across. Pedigree is equally naff tbh. Both full of horrible colours, chemicals, preservatives and not nice at all. In fact I struggle to understand why someone who has been on this forum for a long time (and thus able to read what is written) chooses to feed either of these products.

If cost is an over riding factor, then they are both very expensive. Chappie is a much better option!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Are you saying she is OK on Bakers but not on pedigree?

That would be most unusual---both I could understand.

rune
Thats exactly what im saying its odd no??
Especially when so many people have said how bad bakers is I just wonder what goes into pedigree that could make such a huge change of character.

Seriously not eating pedigree dry Millie is fine when she was on it she was horrid! on Bakers she is very responsive and eager to please their is such a difference in character is very odd.

It does make me wonder though if these foods are as horrid as other owners make out why are they being sold in all the big supermarkets???

I was curious to ask as I believe food does effect character.

I have to say I am suprised about Iams I thought that was one of the good ones.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 12:32 PM
It does make me wonder though if these foods are as horrid as other owners make out why are they being sold in all the big supermarkets???
Um...why would they NOT be sold in supermarkets? They sell well obviously or they'd no longer be being made. It's up to you what you feed your dog but do a little research of your own if you don't believe us that Bakers, Pedigree etc are crap.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 12:33 PM
What are the ingredients anyone?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >