View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 03:54 PM

Loving home offered for the older setter...

Well we are looking for an oldie setter to be a girl/boyfriend to my Jamie... he misses his Remy and now Bramble... we also miss having an oldie about and having Bramble here has made us realise that.
Now we love setters so we would be looking for either an English or Irish, girl or boy, not fussed, age over 5/6+, we can do the neuter and vaccs if needed.
We can give a very loving home, the dog must get on with other dogs, seeing as I have 3 and be okay ish with smaller animals, not that they are ever on their own with them anyway, as I keep indoor piggies and rabbits.
I have been in contact with quite a few English setter breeders, but nothing has come up so far, there may be a possibility of an Irish girl, but again nothing solid and thats why I am asking here...
Rescue centres will expect me to neuter my boys and sorry I won't do that, though Codee is spayed and another girl will be at my expense if needed.
So if you know of any loving older setter who wants a 4yr old boyfriend and a 3year old setter and 1 year old Pointer as playmates, let me know!!

Thanks!!!
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2010, 10:31 PM
hi settagirl, have you tried the English Setter Rescue, where I got Jasper, they didn't ask me if Reiva was castrated, I had to wait four months, but when it happened it happened fast. Good Luck in your search.
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi Settagirl

I would be happy to let any of my babies be rehomed to you - sadly they are all staying here. I will keep my eyes open for you.

Thalice Mum
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Good luck with your search hun, if I hear of anything I'll give you a shout
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Any setter would be very lucky to live with you, Claire..... good luck with your search x

Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by footsieG View Post
hi settagirl, have you tried the English Setter Rescue, where I got Jasper, they didn't ask me if Reiva was castrated, I had to wait four months, but when it happened it happened fast. Good Luck in your search.
Thanks hun, have contacted them via email, along with lots and lots of other people, if nothing comes back will phone them up tomorrow....
Originally Posted by Thalice View Post
Hi Settagirl

I would be happy to let any of my babies be rehomed to you - sadly they are all staying here. I will keep my eyes open for you.

Thalice Mum
Aw Maud, you are a spoilsport, you know I would love any of your gang
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Good luck with your search hun, if I hear of anything I'll give you a shout
Thanks Steph, that would be lovely
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Any setter would be very lucky to live with you, Claire..... good luck with your search x

Thanks Vicki, I hope the wait isn't too long... I miss having an oldie about

I don't mind really what breed she/he is, obviously I would prefer a setter, as thats what I know best. I wouldn't mind a Gordon or a Goldie, but, and this is a big but, she/he MUST be really laid back, as my boys especially Jamie are doormats, they will play and gob off, but at home are big softies...
mad4foxhounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-08-2010, 05:16 PM
hiya settagirl,
i've been checking the site for my breed, as i do most days. ive found that many tears, based in walse have a few setters, a red setter age between 5-8 i think and they have a english boy too cant remember its age worth a look on site fingers crossed. x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by mad4foxhounds View Post
hiya settagirl,
i've been checking the site for my breed, as i do most days. ive found that many tears, based in walse have a few setters, a red setter age between 5-8 i think and they have a english boy too cant remember its age worth a look on site fingers crossed. x
Thanks hun, I have actually now got my oldie setter, proud owner of a seven year old Irish girl called Honey