Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
What are you talking about illegal? Do you mean I have been braking the law since the hunting act came into force? What actions are you implying? and when you were made aware of them did you report them and what was the outcome? Im rather interested by that statement Patch.
Dawn.

I have no idea if the hunting you do yourself is within the law or not. My comments, opinions and info from sources such as DEFRA and the Badger Trust is not all about you Dawn.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I have no idea if the hunting you do yourself is within the law or not. My comments, opinions and info from sources such as DEFRA and the Badger Trust is not all about you Dawn.
I see! Sadly genuine Terrier folk have been given the same image as the idiots who think Badger baiting is "cool" I cannot honestly understand the fact that people would willingly take part in that. It is in fact a thing I wish to put straight whilst on holiday, (not Badger baiting!!) I have never ever seen a Badger live! only dead ones at the side of the road, I hope to put that right in December.
Dawn.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I see! Sadly genuine Terrier folk have been given the same image as the idiots who think Badger baiting is "cool" I cannot honestly understand the fact that people would willingly take part in that. It is in fact a thing I wish to put straight whilst on holiday, (not Badger baiting!!) I have never ever seen a Badger live! only dead ones at the side of the road, I hope to put that right in December.
Dawn.

I said, `bearing in mind that much of the hunting done with them is done illegally....`

Does that say `all` ?

Badger Trust says `Over the years a number of hunt terriermen and other people with strong connections to their local fox hunts have been convicted of badger offences.`

Convictions. Concrete. Irrefutable.
But I can`t see where it says `all` terriermen, it says `a number` of.

Many people with Lurchers illegally course hares and other animals.

I have a Lurcher. I don`t hunt anything with him. I don`t assume that what some do illegally with their Lurchers is a reflection on me and my Lurcher or every other Lurcher owner on the planet.
Because its not all about me me me...
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
I can't help thinking how impractical it could be to wait for 12 good homes for working breeds to be patiently established on a waiting list. I'm not sure I would be able to do it either but I do think putting puppies to sleep immediately after birth may appear unpleasant but it does not lead to suffering, placing in a rashly chosen home potentially could.
I don't see why, other people manage it working breeds or not. I did not agree with the earlier comment (not from you Hewey ) that people who have working dogs have little sentiment for their dogs. I totally disagree with this. All the people that I know who have working and gundogs love their dogs and spend alot more time with them training etc, as do people who work their Collies with sheep etc, so it is a silly statement. Those I know that have had pups have had a waiting list as the dogs are great working dogs and known by reputation. Yes their are people out there who work their dogs and just use them as a tool, but there are also pet owners out there who don't look after their dogs either. So let's keep this balanced. There are good and bad in all areas of dogs
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I said, `bearing in mind that much of the hunting done with them is done illegally....`

Does that say `all` ?

Badger Trust says `Over the years a number of hunt terriermen and other people with strong connections to their local fox hunts have been convicted of badger offences.`

Convictions. Concrete. Irrefutable.
But I can`t see where it says `all` terriermen, it says `a number` of.

Many people with Lurchers illegally course hares and other animals.

I have a Lurcher. I don`t hunt anything with him. I don`t assume that what some do illegally with their Lurchers is a reflection on me and my Lurcher or every other Lurcher owner on the planet.
Because its not all about me me me...
Of course not Patch! :smt002
Dawn.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
I did not agree with the earlier comment (not from you Hewey ) that people who have working dogs have little sentiment for their dogs. I totally disagree with this. All the people that I know who have working and gundogs love their dogs and spend alot more time with them training etc, as do people who work their Collies with sheep etc, so it is a silly statement. Those I know that have had pups have had a waiting list as the dogs are great working dogs and known by reputation. Yes their are people out there who work their dogs and just use them as a tool, but there are also pet owners out there who don't look after their dogs either. So let's keep this balanced. There are good and bad in all areas of dogs
The comment was mine and I actually after a few moment's deliberation edited and deleted it from my post, however it had already been commented on, or was commented on later
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
The comment was mine and I actually after a few moment's deliberation edited and deleted it from my post, however it had already been commented on, or was commented on later
Sorry Wysiwig. I couldn't remember who had put it, just remember reading it. As you can imagine, you can't read a thread as long as this checking to see if people have deleted or edited comments after they have published them. The remark just stuck in my head and I wanted to comment on it. That's why it's so important to think before you write I guess rather then making hasty comments. And I'm not having a go at you, honestly. I have been guilty of the same thing. It's a general opinion to myself and to all.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Sorry Wysiwig. I couldn't remember who had put it, just remember reading it. As you can imagine, you can't read a thread as long as this checking to see if people have deleted or edited comments after they have published them. :
No probs,

Wys
x
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
We are obviously going to disagree on this . I do not see his actions as either treating the dogs as objects or with lack of respect as obviously it does matter to him where they end up.

Dead, that's where they ended up, DEAD
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Death is not the worst fate an animal can face. I am not a vegetarian nor do I shun dairy products so it would be hypocritical of me to critisise anybody who raises animals for the benefits of themselves rather than any benefit to the animal. I will, however, always feel strongly that animals are respected and given the best life and gentlest death possible.
Page 11 of 16 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »