Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2009, 06:05 PM

breathing problems

I took my two girls on a bike ride yesterday i went for about 5 hours with them and had loads of water and breaks,

one of my dogs penny was finiding it very difficult to breath on the way back so i had to make a sling out of my jacket and carry her init!! she is 3 stone and it nearly killed me but it sounded as if she was having an astma attack,

my other dog was fine and love every minute of it she has the same exercise as penny and eats the same, so i dont think thats penny is unfit shes abot 1lb overweight for he size though,

does anyone know if dogs can get astma? or something similar? she really couldnt go on anymore and last summer she would of carried on for hours!

thnaks x
Bucksmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Definitly one for the vet!Could be a number of things,heart,asthma etc.I'd get her in tomorrow,hope all's ok x
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2009, 06:15 PM
shes fine now jumping around and been on a walk before eating and playing,
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 06:19 PM
We went for a walk today and had to stop and sit in the shade for a while because one of the dogs became overheated . It can be humid and hot even when overcast - would you have a 5 hour bike ride in a fur coat - even with drinks? Heatstroke can kill quickly. You may need to take it easier on hot days.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Id make sure there were no underlying issues with your dogs health. A Vet visit would be in order for a full check if he were my dog.
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2009, 06:27 PM
i wouldnt of took them if it was hot - it rained all day yesterday where i live and wasnt hot atall , i stopped every half hour and my other dog was fine she was ready to go again , i just wanted to know if they can get breathing problems - my dogs were made for running all day everyday its the only way they get rid of there energy but i would never do anything if it was hot like that