register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: How often do you shampoo your dog/puppy?
Once a week 1 1.64%
once a fortnightly 4 6.56%
once a month 4 6.56%
only when he/she's dirty 52 85.25%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Mine of both shorted haired dogs so there is no need to bath them unless they roll in something nasty!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Scrumps and TJ are long coated, but i do clip scrump regulary otherwise he gets covered twice a day in mud! TJ is only a baby, no baths yet
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 02:49 PM
I voted only when dirty, but in fact I wash their white bits each time there is a show, but the rest of their coat I just wet and blast out.

Mo
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Only when she's dirty..

I think Luna have been washed with soap 2 or 3 times in total...

She will often be rinsed with water in the shower though.... If she's been through muddy holes and such...
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 03:23 PM
I bath Delly when she is dirty and is going to a show ..which unfortunately with Delly is EVREY time she is going to a show LOL She is a mucky moo and attracts muck like nobody's business!

Also bath her when she is shedding as this helps to get rid of the fur
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 03:47 PM
As little as possible, they all hate baths so don't put them through it unless they really have to. I usually just rub them down with baby wipes before a show

mitch
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Pip's nearly 3 and has been bathed twice, Tia is too ladylike to roll in stuff so basically a quick rubdown with an oily rag...
willow_pheonix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2005, 04:34 PM
when they get dirty for me, too much bathing removes the natural oils from their coats so only if needed for me plus they hate it lol
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Hi Jenny,

We don't really know what it is whether it is food allergy, pollen allergy or what. He has been to the vet numerous times and they just gave him prednisolone tablets and injections. He hasn't actually got sores on his body its just his ears that he makes a mess of. I am trying different things to try to make him better. I am giving him MSM in his food everyday now (he is on naturediet lamb and rice and Chicken and rice ) as well as vitamin C so I will see if it makes a difference to him, I hope it does. I think the pollen does affect him as well because when everyone started complaining about their hayfever a few weeks ago this was when he started scratching his body. He also has evening primrose oil capsule everyday.

Has your mums Bichon still got its skin condition and if not how did she finally cure it?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 05:50 PM
mine all love the bath so am lucky there ....they all jump in at once.....one of my girls has a very full coat and very long tail and ear feathers so she is bathed more often
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >