Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by black666 View Post
Hi Helena i really do appreciate your advice and i am sorry for miss- wording the classes thing but am so worried bout her especialy since it happened from what I can see no reason I really do appreciate your help sorry
No worries, it's quite understandable, you must be worried sick quite honestly.

Could she have fallen whilst being left unattended, down a step maybe, upside down? Did she yelp when the vet examined her too? If not,then I doubt she can be in pain somehow, so your assumption about the testing you could be right, but I just can't buy that somehow with a pup so young? Could something have fallen on her, something you didn't know about, maybe somebody else picked up something heavy and put it back thinking nothing of it without telling you? She could be badly bruised maybe that's where I'm going on this?
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Well she does get real excited when playing and tends to throw herself about like pups do perhaps she is bruised?
No she never made a peep when the vet examined her only when I picked her up?
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Ok here we go bare with me as this story is confusing!!!

My partners (Gavin) cousin phoned to say she had a 8 month old rottie that she needed rid of asap if not she would drown it or get it shot! This being said she not the most truthful person ( due to drug abuse 'ex' that is ha ha) so gavin panicked and agreed to take the dog, however..... when he arrived 150 miles away to her house the 8 month had gone and ziva 9 weeks old was there!!!! Dont ask what happened to the other dog we dont no! Gavin feared and being so soft took home the pup. Since then we have had no probs with her untill yesterday. We no that she got the pup from a breeder but not 100% sure who.

Hope you can understand this as its real hard to explain.

ps Gavins cousin has four kids and the eldest said that they only just got the pup 3 days before gavin picked her up.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by black666 View Post
Ok here we go bare with me as this story is confusing!!!

My partners (Gavin) cousin phoned to say she had a 8 month old rottie that she needed rid of asap if not she would drown it or get it shot!
It's likely that people who would even think of doing something like that to her probably didn't treat her very well, she might well have been kicked about and still be sore or just not used to being handled and being treat nicely. If this is the case you just need to be very gentle with her 'til she builds up her confidence and if she is sore, she will start feeling better. You are just going to need bags of paticence with her. Elaine said she had been scratching at her ears? How are they now? If they still seem itchy you can get something called Thornit powder which you sprinkle a wee bit in her ears and that may help her.

All the best with her she looks a wee gem. x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:20 PM
If they only had her 3 days it would be really useful if you could find out who bred her so you can find out more about her and how she was raised.
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Her ears are fine now she doesnt bother with them unless she shakes her head then she tries to pull them off lol.

We have been tryin to track down the breeder but so far no joy will keep tryin though
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:28 PM
In my opinion for a pup this young to act in such a way, she has either been mistreated/lack of handling and is frightened or she is in pain. Does she play with your other dog and is she ok when she plays? Is she ok generally around the house e.t.c.? I assume given she's a rottie that she's quite rough and tumble so if she was in pain you'd expect her to show it at other times apart from when you touch her? If it is ONLY when you touch her it could be pointing to something psychological, i.e her being frightened. Elaine said she had a snap at her too, but she didn't at the vet? Is the vet a man? Perhaps she has an aversion to women?

You will get there with her and Elaine will help you as much as she can. x
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah she is fine with my other dog. She does like it rough though especially with her toys. And she really loves everyone to pay attention to her!
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:33 PM
And yes the vet is a man.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Aww what a mystery the poor wee mite. Will she do it every time you touch her or just sometimes?

Has she been wormed too?
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >