Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by black666 View Post
Hi thanks for all the advice i took ziva to the vets this morning and he said there is nothing health wise wrong with her? He thinks she is challenging us to gain status?

Also he has orderd a collar that releases the smell of feramones.
Hi Black how did your vet know there was nothing wrong health wise?

This sort of reaction from a puppy means one thing, the puppy is telling you something is wrong and this can be fear because it has experienced being handled roughly/has been picked up incorrectly or it could be pain.

Maybe the upset tummy caused her tummy to be sore, if the behaviour continues I would be concerned there is something medically wrong .

I would handle your puppy with great care, it may be in pain..
When picking her up be sure to pick her up by putting one arm behind her two front legs and a hand under her bottom and hold her to you tightly so she feels safe.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
How did your vet know there was nothing wrong health wise?

This sort of reaction from a puppy means one thing, the puppy is telling you something is wrong and this can be fear because it has experienced being handled roughly or it can be pain.

I would handle your puppy with great care, it may be in pain..
is this suddenly? i agree with minihaha something is wrong albeit physically or emmotionally.this is a very sensitive point in your pups life my advice....go back to the vet or get a 2nd opinion but i would also get the dap collar as it will do no harm.good luck
let us know how she gets on
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2009, 07:17 PM
This is my first rottie but not my first dog. There is no children in my house and is not handled alot only when going to vets or to training clases. We have had her over a week now and this is the first time she has ever acted like this, my dog trainer also said she may be challenging us but she is also learning and is young.

Not sure what the best thing to do is with her.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 07:19 PM
This is my first rottie but not my first dog. There is no children in my house and is not handled alot only when going to vets or to training clases. We have had her over a week now and this is the first time she has ever acted like this, my dog trainer also said she may be challenging us but she is also learning and is young.

Not sure what the best thing to do is with her.
have you talked to the breeder? there are a few good rottie people around your area, if need be I can see if I can lay my hands on one to get in touch with you and help you. when you mention dog training, can I ask if she has had all her jags yet?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 07:25 PM
So she's 10 weeks old NOW, you've had her for one week, when she was 9 weeks old, she's had BOTH jabs by 9 weeks old, which I find very hard to believe (and no training class would take on a puppy who hasn't had their jabs) and you speak of training classes in the plural, so you've obviously been to more than one????

I think your tiny little puppy has done too much at the ripe old age of 10 weeks old tbh! How much exercise are you giving her since you got her, because I think you might be having joint problems here??? If you've been to the vet though, they would have hit on that one, and I can't believe the vet has said it's just a challenge, when the little mite clearly sounds in pain. NO Puppy would show any signs of aggression at this tender age unless it was in a lot of pain, and even then I would doubt it. I don't know about rotties, I only know gsd's but again a large breed, and I'm strongly suspecting you've been doing too much imo.
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Hold on, she has had her first lot of jabs and it was my vet and dog walker who advised me to get her into training classes asap!!! She has one on one sessions with her trainer and no other dogs are present! She does not get exercised out with the house she only goes outside when going to vets or training!!! I no not too over exercise her hence why i aint! Please not start being negative to me i am only looking for some help and advice!!!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 07:34 PM
did she start to behave strange soon after her first jag or has she did it since you got her?

can you think of anything that happend just before this started?

is her breeder local to you?
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Shona that would be great if you could put me in touch with a local breeder thank you.
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Her breeder is bout 150 miles away. No she seemed fine after her jag it only started yesterday afternoon. I have been rackin my brains all day trying to think what might have caused it but nothing different has happened.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Hold on, she has had her first lot of jabs and it was my vet and dog walker who advised me to get her into training classes asap!!! She has one on one sessions with her trainer and no other dogs are present! She does not get exercised out with the house she only goes outside when going to vets or training!!! I no not too over exercise her hence why i aint! Please not start being negative to me i am only looking for some help and advice!!!!!
My apologies, but you said this:

QUOTE:This is my first rottie but not my first dog. There is no children in my house and is not handled alot only when going to vets or to training clases. UNQUOTE

which of course, made me assume you go to a training class as such with other dogs!!!

I'm not trying to get at you honest, I can only go by what you put down and that's why I asked about the exercise coz it sounded like the joint pains through over-exercise, but then as I said, the vet would have seen that straight away I'm sure.

Hope you get to the bottom of it then, because this doesn't sound right at all to me, but then I don't know about rotties, so I'll bow out then!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »