Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2018, 07:24 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 17th July.

Good morning everyone. Hope you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Harvey, poor Casey but he has been doing so well so far!

Lynn, Looks like you may have to stay put. You cannot settle for anything less than you are happy with and it sounds like everyone is overpricing theirs. Shame for those that wanted to buy yours but not your fault. Maybe that other development behind you would be agreed soon so you could win that way.

Griff, hope your little girl is improving, I have difficulty with her name is it Kota?

Brenda, hope Tyto is ok.

Have a good day everyone, stay cool and safe. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2018, 07:50 AM
Morning,
Yes Moyra it's Kota... well she is actually Dakota but very rarely gets called that.... unless she is in bother. She is happy enough but the lump is no smaller, I am hoping the vet may call today.
Hopefully going to b&q later, looking at tiles and mum wants me to look at something in the garden bit
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2018, 08:22 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all to follow.
Warm here agn today but not as warm as it has been so far anyway.

Just given feedback for the house we viewed Saturday and told them what a piece of sh*te that was and how we are getting cross at misleading specs and turning up and us spotting something then them having to tell us the problem or telling us when we have arrived.
Moyra that is how we are feeling now told this other agent that to we are seriously considering pulling the plug most houses some are nice we would be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Not prepared to do that.
The two we would possibly consider are further away than I wanted to be from Mark & co., and Beth and Essex to get back for friends and do not blow me away enough to make me want to move there. I have a choice this time financially we do not need to move and I am not putting myself in a position of being unhappy like 5 years ago when i had no choice.

Harvey good idea but finding somewhere to rent with Dillon would be a nightmare and landlords want so much extra money on top if you have a big dog. i know this from someone who had to rent and has two Bernese they deposit was horrendous and deposit and monthly rent would cut into our limited budget as some arrogant young agent kindly told us a couple of weeks ago.
Plus I would rather move and get Dillon settled into a new home straight away. I think he will be stressed a little moving.
Glad Casey is doing well.
griff hope you hear some news today and all positive of course.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2018, 08:30 AM
Good morning all.

Lynn, have you looked at houses £20,000 above your budget? It's surprising what you can get off the price when you are in the position you are in. This bungalow was listed at £130,000 when we bought it. We got it for £110,000
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2018, 08:54 AM
Good morning everone

So sorry about your loss Brenda my thoughts are with you and family.

I agree Lynn why move somewhere you dont like if you dont really have to. No doubt as soon as you pull out something will come along that you really want its call s...ds law.

Another hot day here. Out early with Teazle who is now asleep. Dead headed the budlia again but nothing else planned. Had good news yesterday. Youngest son who is doing an OU course in psychology got his results on his last module and got a distinction. He is now set to get at least a 2.1 but is aiming for a first. One more module to go.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-07-2018, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
finding somewhere to rent with Dillon would be a nightmare and landlords want so much extra money on top if you have a big dog.

Yes Lynn, wasn't thinking about dear old Dillon, just offering my thoughts. I don't suppose you could live in the 'camper' for six months 'tho I have met some motorhome people who live in theirs full time, they usually spend about 9 months in Spain and 3 in UK some even had dogs 'tho like you I feel the continual change of location is not good for dogs, as you say one move would make Dillon a tad uneasy but he would settle down soon enough, but moving all the time is (in my opinion) not right if you have a dog.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2018, 09:11 AM
Lynn, have you considered registering with a local Auction house? You can sometimes buy before Auction at a lot lower than Market Price. BUT always do your homework first!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2018, 09:39 AM
That's our next move Chris looking above budget and seeing how long been on the market for viewing and making an offer if it makes me tingle.
Or doing that letting the agent know and seeing if the buyer can up their budget and if not and no luck our side no choice but to stay put for now anyway. Re-think next Spring.
Harvey always open to helpful suggestions. We had thought about the van option but furniture would need putting in storage and the van isn't huge. Plus no security for Dillon if we went out looking at houses.
We have also toyed with the auction idea Moyra not totally out of the equation but a bit risky I am past the age of risk taking now.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Morning all and thankyou for your thoughts. To while away the time I have placed, wait for it, an early Christmas order with a well known website. Yep you heard it here first. bg!! Just heard from a friend of mine that has Tyto's brother and sounds like he may have the same problem as him. Will find out later this afternoon. Sorry Lynn that you are having a problem time finding a new place to live. I hated it when we were looking but I would do it again now at the drop of a hat now that we don't have the urgency to move. Tad cooler here and there are clouds, hm will we get some wet stuff. Doubt it. Have a good afternoon all. Bet you when I click reply I will see there are spelling mistakes. bg!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2018, 12:26 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lovely morning here, overcast and warm with a lovely cool breeze.

OH is having a problem with the laptop talking to the printer at the moment. The damn thing will print, but not scan and we need to scan the receipt for the de-humidifier because, dipstick that he is, he deleted the email confirmation of the order. Ah well, such is life.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >