View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2014, 04:43 PM
On the subject of dogs-Susan Wilson has a whole series of books themed on different dog heroes.
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Will look out for those Leslie, thank you
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Right now just started 'A tale for the Time Being Ruth Ozeki, before that, this summer I have read 'The Shock of the Fall' Nathan Filer, 'The Job' Douglas Kennedy and Leigh Bardugo's 'Ruin and Rising'. All very different and very good!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2014, 06:12 PM
In the middle of A Fault in our Stars.Bought by my fourteen year old as a pressie,because I MUST read it apparently So far,so good
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-08-2014, 06:24 PM
I have also recently read several books by Ann Cleeves. All of the "Vera" books and all except the last of the "Shetland" series - both of these have been made into TV shows in the UK. I also went to Northumberland to visit some of the places where "Vera" was set.
I'd love to go to Shetland too but it's a long way!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Watched both Vera and Shetland, loved both not read the books though must look into them
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Just finished "High Exposure" by David Breashears, he's a noted climber who was part of the IMAX team climbing Mt. Everest during the 1996 season. It was a fascinating look into the world of people who make climbing their life. I would recommend reading Jon Krakauer's "Into Thin Air" first however.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2014, 09:36 PM
I love reading. Tons of my books revolve around dogs - fiction, non fiction, training, breed books etc.

My books of the moment though are crime fiction (I also enjoy real life crime stuff) and I have read three Simon Kernick books in a row ... they are brilliant, fast moving, can't put down sort of books. Great characters and a powerful story.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2015, 04:29 PM
I love reading, I have a kindle, never thought I'd be a convert to an eReader from proper book but very quickly came to love it. I love that you can search and browse, download free samples to get a taster and get many free or reasonably priced books. Lovemybull, I noted that you like humour books, I could recommend a book by Graham Lord entitled "Sorry - We're going to have to let you go." I like a wide range of genres particularly a good thriller. Has anyone read The Girl on the Train? I also particularly enjoyed a couple of books by an author called Jodi Taylor. It is about historians who time travel, now the sci-fi genre normally doesn't appeal but this one has a historical element and is also funny in places. She has written a series and the first one is "just one damned thing after another". The Magpies by Mark Edwards was good about a psycho neighbour! Any recommendations I'd very much appreciate.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2015, 05:50 PM
The bio of actor Danny Aiello. Didn't realize how many of his movies I've seen. Quite an interesting life indeed.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >