Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2012, 10:03 AM

Bubble... again... lump removed

So, Bubble has problems AGAIN.

She's due to see the ophthalmologist within the next week for the pigment loss in her iris, but just after I'd taken her for that, she was back at the vets for a lump in her neck.

Vet wasn't happy with it so she had it removed on Monday... I've just been for her post-op follow up and the vet told me it was difficult to remove as it was well attached and she thought it may have been a lymph node. The results from the lab aren't back yet for a few more days.

I'm now more worried than ever... as I understand it, lymph nodes swell for two reasons - infection and cancer... Bubble doesn't have an infection... and no signs of illness at all. The lump was large, kind of ping pong ball sized, smooth and hard.

I'm all muddled up at the moment... she's going to be three in September and has had more than her fair share of health problems already but this is taking it to a new level.

Am I right to be so worried or am I being silly??