Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2012, 01:27 PM

Always, always listen to your dog/s

All day mine 4 have been bothered, pacing about in the living room, flopping on the floor, pawing the floor, slobbering, whining, grumbling at each other.........and I could not find out what the hell was wrong.
I have told them to go on their bed, Bruce has flatly refused, going behind the sofa, refusing to come out, growling and grumbling
No sooner had I got him out and carried....yes carried him to the kitchen..because he refused to move...then Tess started, then Skye........Mojo has been digging the floor like a madman....

I have moved the sofa ..nothing
I thought it was because early today one of the kittens was under there and they thought he was still there.
I have told them firmly...Now stop it! The kitten is in the dining room!
I've tried biscuit treat and on your bed.......No, Bruce especially has been growling all day long.

so I turned the sofa up-side-down
EKKKKKKKKKKKKKK RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
from now on my dogs are RIGHT..........it was a half dead rat .....so thats why Bri was under there earlier defending his catch....and there was me thinking he was just bopping the dogs on the nose playing.

Its defo dead now
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2012, 01:51 PM
EEEK! Also EWWWWW!

At least they knew something was there...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
EEEK! Also EWWWWW!

At least they knew something was there...
I thought they were just playing up as I knew Bri had been under there.

and I HATE rats.....twice in one week...Im moving out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Oh yuk.

I hope I don't start getting rats when Gorden goes away to work. I have a feeling Dillon will lay there watching them if we do and I will have to do the disposing of.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oh yuk.

I hope I don't start getting rats when Gorden goes away to work. I have a feeling Dillon will lay there watching them if we do and I will have to do the disposing of.

In one way its good the cats (especially the two young ones) are catching them.........but I just wish they would finish them off and NOT fetch them in the house

From now on when Bruce is insistent and the girls are digging the floor I will be taking notice straight away
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2012, 02:37 PM
I hate rats. i've had mice once in all my 20 years of living, and they were bad enough. I don't know what i'd do with mice.

My friends house always has mice, and has bats in the attic and rats in the garden. She lives next to a farmers barn and they all come from there. I'd move haha
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
I hate rats. i've had mice once in all my 20 years of living, and they were bad enough. I don't know what i'd do with mice.

My friends house always has mice, and has bats in the attic and rats in the garden. She lives next to a farmers barn and they all come from there. I'd move haha
and Im always saying...I'd love to live in the country
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2012, 02:50 PM
There is one thing worse than having a rat in the house ... and that has to be having half a rat - was it still alive??

We have harvest mice in our loft, they have chewed the xmas decorations and some curtains, but now I've put everything into plastic storage boxes all is well. They are welcome to come and go ... but rats ... NO!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2012, 02:55 PM
After finding mice (yet again) come in from the fields, a few years ago now, I invested in one of those sonic plug in thingys and never seen one since. Its never bothered the girls, so it was true what the blurb said, and I am rodent free!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Bladdy hell Who would have thought you'd have had to turn a sofa upside down to find a half dead rat Doesn't bear thinking about, but you would have smelt it before you found it that's for sure, coz they have a very distinct smell when dead as you will know (lol! from having horses I mean there!!!)

We only had them living in the countryside when the neighbours got their chickens, otherwise, we never saw any. I'm not scared of them, but they gimme the creeps, they're so vile. I always got the ratman out to deal with them at great cost coz I was worried that if we did it ourselves, the dogs could get hold of the stuff, plus of course, he used the right stuff to kill them off, whereas the stuff we can buy over the counter takes weeks to kill them off according to him.

Thankfully, although I'm still living in the country, well, in the middle of a wood, I haven't seen one here yet, even though I feed the birds, keep the food in a plastic shed in the garden, nothing yet! I'm not surrounded by that "smell" which I always had out the back in the other house, and I was always worried about the dogs catching that lepto from them.

My neighbours dealt with the ones living under their decking and sorted out the storage of her chicken food and it sorted the problem, although she told me she constantly replaced the poison under the decking and it was always eaten

Funny how the dogs reacted like that though, why was that do you think? Are dogs frightened of rats then or what?? Just curious
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >