Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 09:09 AM

And now the Good News... Natgeo cancels dog whisperer

from: http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/06/n...252#f190982e64

NATGEO CANCELS DOG WHISPERER

After more than 150 episodes, Cesar Millan announced via [a social network] that the final season of Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan will premiere Saturday, July 7, 2012, with back-to-back episodes beginning at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Nat Geo WILD. The ninth and final season features 12 all-new episodes.

Reactions were mixed, no surprise given the controversy surrounding training methods employed by Millan. Positive trainers opposed to his techniques are happy to witness the show’s demise, but adoring fans said they wanted the popular series to continue.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 09:14 AM
But apparently Nat Geo will be showing his new show, the one that was posted about on here. He has rescue dogs, specifically nervous/skittish/aggressive ones, sent to his centre in Spain to "rehabilitate" them. Even worse, he then has several potential owners compete to "win" the dogs How this is in the best interest of these dogs, I don't know.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Yay!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 09:17 AM
I don't think it's great news as they haven't got rid of him, infact they are letting him loose on rescue dogs- much worse.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I don't think it's great news as they haven't got rid of him, infact they are letting him loose on rescue dogs- much worse.
Oh god. For a new programme?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Well even if National Geographic dropped the show another channel would only pick it up straight away. Like him or not the Dog Whisperer 'brand' is very marketable.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
But apparently Nat Geo will be showing his new show, the one that was posted about on here. He has rescue dogs, specifically nervous/skittish/aggressive ones, sent to his centre in Spain to "rehabilitate" them. Even worse, he then has several potential owners compete to "win" the dogs How this is in the best interest of these dogs, I don't know.
b*m
bfetterman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2012, 12:30 PM
I actually like Cesar Milan granted, I dont watch his show very much but from the episodes I've seen he's pretty good with dogs. He has quite a few of them I believe. I dont understand the whole calm-assertive energy thing tho....I cant seem to figure that one out. My pup doesnt seem to pick up on any of my energy, he just does whatever he wants
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/nat...whisperer.html

I agree with the article, with the overflowing rescue centres struggling to place dogs, why the heck is there a show to compete to adopt a rescue dog? Mind boggles
Delos
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-06-2012, 09:20 AM
As much as I don't agree with all his methods and everyone can sit back and have a go at the methods. Cesar Milan has saved a lot of Dogs from Euthanasia. Its a shame though they are not replacing it with a show based on Positive methods.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >